AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
inuke 3000dsp bridging question... Trying to make sure I am getting all the power from this amp. I have a dual 2ohm sub wired in series in the enclosure for a 4ohm load. On the speakon connector on the box, I have it wired with the 1+/1-.
My speaker cable is 12awg wired to speakon connectors. The connector that plugs into the box is the same 1+/1-
On the amp end is where I'm unsure. I have the speakon connector wired 1+/2+ and plugged into channel A. On the input side from my Onkyo 3008, it is rca to XLR going into the chn A input.

I then hooked to my laptop and set the amp in bridged mode. My question is do I wire my cable to 2 speakon connectors using the 1+ on one connector, and the 2+ on the other connector? Then plugging into channel A and B???
I'm asking because I pretty much have to crank the amp up all the way to get serious bass. I had to bump the sub channel level on the Onkyo up to +6db to start(usually keep it at 0) Then in the inuke software, crank the gains up almost all the way. Then turn the front level control on the amp pretty much all the way.
When using my Velodyne plate amp rated at 1000w, I usually have my amp set to about 25%.
???????

·
Registered
130 Posts
With the 3000DSP model you can just boost the input instead of buying an external booster.....no need for the CleanBox. In your amp settings, just turn the input level up a little bit.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Make sure you are using the correct Speakon connectors, it must be the 4 conductor variety since you use the 1+ and 2+ on the SAME connector and plug it into the A channel only.

If you are simply using 1+ and 1- on channel A, you are not running bridged and only getting 900w total from the channel. Going to 4ohm bridged gives you the full 3000w.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Im using a 4 pole connector. I will say I had trouble seeing what post was what. The markings were almost worthless. I do think I have it right though. If not, would I still have sound if maybe Im on1+\2-.??

·
Registered
6,337 Posts
Make sure you are using the correct Speakon connectors, it must be the 4 conductor variety since you use the 1+ and 2+ on the SAME connector and plug it into the A channel only.

If you are simply using 1+ and 1- on channel A, you are not running bridged and only getting 900w total from the channel. Going to 4ohm bridged gives you the full 3000w.

Stereo in 3000 is 650 watts and bridged is 2200 watts. These are more accurate than specs from inuke.

·
Registered
615 Posts
This might help I wear glasses and the numbers on the connectors are small. Looking at the speakon connector you will see 2 tabs, the largest one is +1 the smaller is +2. These are on the side of the connector.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No tabs. They use slots with set screws. Only 100% clear marking was 1+.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
+1 and +2 are directly across from each other.

http://www.advancemcs.com/FAQs/SpeakonSheet.jpg

Even if you wired it for a single channel it still shouldn't require additional gain in the dsp. The inuke input sensitivity is good for AVRs. Something else could be wrong.

Check the ohms on the speaker wires at the amp side speakon to make sure you have around 4.6-5.0 ohms there. That would eliminate bad wiring on the box end.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
But if he gets the correct wiring to get the power he is looking for, that alone may take care of the gain issue he is having.

Also, another thing to consider is the subwoofer level in the A/V Receiver... I actually didn't think of that when hooking up the iNuke DSP3000 for my buddy and his subwoofer level was at -6 for some reason on the AVR.

·
Registered
758 Posts
My mistake....it's called gain not level. It's under the filter/crossover tab
Is this any different than twisting the gain knobs on the front of the amplifier?

This thread is relevant to my interests.
Can you really see the input voltage in real time on your computer if you play music? I need to check this out.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I have hooked my inuke up to two different low grade AVRs and both of them had plenty of signal with no added gain from the inuke. My current denon sub trim is at -8 and the inuke knob is 5 clicks from max. I would be surprised is any avr with a sub output couldn't clip an inuke 3000dsp. It's sensitivity is close to a plate amp.

I would suggest double checking every setting and connection before adding dsp gain.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Is this any different than twisting the gain knobs on the front of the amplifier?

This thread is relevant to my interests.
Can you really see the input voltage in real time on your computer if you play music? I need to check this out.
The Gain in the Filter/Xover screen is the output gain. The front knob is the input sensitivity. The gain in the DSP will increase the output however many dB you set it over the input signal. :cool:

As for the OP, did you check to see how high the input signal is, as well as make sure the amp is set to bridged in the DSP software?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts