AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering an inuke 6k but the input sensitivity worries me, it's only .82 Vrms according to these measurements. The miniDSP 4x10 HD puts out 4 or 8 Vrms depending on what position you leave the internal dip switch at, so 4Vrms minimum output through the phoenix terminals (which I will be using).

The plan is to try an inuke for a pair of JBL 2226 midbass modules.

Will this induce a lot of noise and/or other problems, please?

·
Registered
973 Posts
Considering an inuke 6k but the input sensitivity worries me, it's only .82 Vrms according to these measurements. The miniDSP 4x10 HD puts out 4 or 8 Vrms depending on what position you leave the internal dip switch at, so 4Vrms minimum output through the phoenix terminals (which I will be using).

The plan is to try an inuke for a pair of JBL 2226 midbass modules.

Will this induce a lot of noise and/or other problems, please?
If the iNuke only requires 0.82Vrms to reach full output, and your MiniDsp can do at least that, or more, then you are good to go! An iNuke3000dsp or 6000dsp would negate the need for the MiniDsp as it has software for DSP/EQ built right in! I think a pair of midbass modules powered by an iNuke3000dsp would be a killer setup! No need for a MiniDsp in this scenereo!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Tip! :)
I was concerned that the high output voltage combined with the low input sensitivity could make the modules noisy (miniDSP 4x10 HD does have some noise, so going to get a linear PSU for it in hopes it will improve over stock). Right now I'm powering them (2 per side & wired for 4 ohms) with two Emotiva XPR-1 and use miniDSP for EQ and xover. The monoblocks are such overkill size wise for this application, they are huge and make the room a sauna on sunny days. With a pair of inukes in the rack outside the room it'll be golden.

Thank you for the advice on the DSP version. I've contemplated that but it will give me an additional AD/DA conversion in the chain which I'm a purist about (might be irrational, idk). Right now computer goes to miniDSP which is active xover, preamp, dac and eq. Shame Behringer didn't add a digital input to the DSP version.

Since I need more channels I'm contemplating another 4x10. That way I can run digital out of 4x10 (1) into (2) and have an additional 8 analog output channels. Now I'm having to run 4 midbass modules and 4 subs in pairs due to the constraint of only 8 analog output ch.

Thank you for helping me out and any ideas are very welcome. I am a bit concerned that the noise of the 4x10 HD will be amped a lot due to very low input sensitivity of the inukes though. Wouldn't want to have the midbass modules tizzing with noise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts