AVS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a restock inuke from Parts Express, it showed up today and I got everything hooked up. But the fans are not kicking on at all. With what I'd read, I'd expected to have them kick on immediately at full hairdryer volume. Nothing. They aren't even running when I'm playing bass content.

Should my fans be kicking on immediately? Or is there some sort of thermal delay I haven't heard about? I just want to make sure I didn't get a dud restock. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I picked up a restock inuke from Parts Express, it showed up today and I got everything hooked up. But the fans are not kicking on at all. With what I'd read, I'd expected to have them kick on immediately at full hairdryer volume. Nothing. They aren't even running when I'm playing bass content.

Should my fans be kicking on immediately? Or is there some sort of thermal delay I haven't heard about? I just want to make sure I didn't get a dud restock. Thanks!
I'd make sure they are at least spinning.

A lot of the noise complaints about these amps are a bit overblown until you run a lot of power from them, but the fan should always be running even when sitting idle.

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,852 Posts
I smell a shutdown coming! :D
Smell is probably the accurate word. Considering people's inukes shutdown frequently with their fans running(modded), I can't imagine a scenario in which running the amp with NO fans would be a good idea.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Yeah, we pretty much knew it.
Wonder if the fans inside are even hooked up.....I'd probably open it to see if it was a great deal.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good suggestion. I took a look and the connectors are still on the board pins with the glue glob holding them down. So it doesn't look like they've been messed with, but I guess it's possible someone could have monkeyed with them and just used a glue gun to pin them back down again. I did notice there are large scratches all over the inside of the case lid. It doesn't seem like that would come from the factory like that.

At this point, I've submitted a return request to PE and am waiting for a response.

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
Was worth a look I think, and my 3000 had a dab of hot glue on the connector at the board as well.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I think it's important for people to understand that when the 3000dsp isn't driven hard or when you first turn it on it IS pretty quiet. It's not as quiet as Crown amps or other brands but sitting 10' away I could barely hear it. Using it for about an hour at moderate levels never caused the fan to kick on any faster/louder. when we drove it hard for about 10-15 minutes with heavy bass content the fan did kick on faster and got a lot louder, but still it wasn't to the level that I expected from reading on this forum. If I were planning on heavy content all the time I think it would be 50/50 on people wanting to do the fan mod with the 3000dsp. My buddy has no desire to do it; he doesn't think it's distracting enough to warrant it.

Now, with double the fans on the 6000dsp I'm sure that could be a very different story. I have not hooked mine up yet to verify; waiting on two UXL-18s from the group buy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts