AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use a simple monoprice adapter for this amp to a Mach5 15" IXL? Is this a decent amp for $175 if used in 4ohm bridged-mode?

·
Banned
3,677 Posts
The iNuke1000. Is definitely a good amp, although a little underpowered for an IXL-18. I would seriously consider going with the iNuke3000dsp as they can be purchased for around $60 more than the iNuke1000dsp if you shop around. Is your enclosure sealed or ported? If sealed, then I definitely would not recommend the iNuke1000 as it would be too little amplifier for that driver in that enclosure, at least in my opinion, although, now that I think about it, I guess an iNuke1000 in bridged mode would be around 700 watts, and while still a little low, might work ok, but, for a small bit more you can get the iNuke3000 and have more power and also have the option to add another sub on the second channel later on.

To hook it up all you need is an RCA to 1/4 TRS cable, or you also have the option of using an RCA to XLR cable. For connecting your sub, you will need to get a speakon cable for the amplifier side, and what ever kind of connector you want on the subwoofer side.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007  /t/1523055/inuke-nu1000-question-xlr-to-rca#post_24497475

The iNuke1000. Is definitely a good amp, although a little underpowered for an IXL-18. I would seriously consider going with the iNuke3000dsp as they can be purchased for around $60 more than the iNuke1000dsp if you shop around. Is your enclosure sealed or ported? If sealed, then I definitely would not recommend the iNuke1000 as it would be too little amplifier for that driver in that enclosure, at least in my opinion, although, now that I think about it, I guess an iNuke1000 in bridged mode would be around 700 watts, and while still a little low, might work ok, but, for a small bit more you can get the iNuke3000 and have more power and also have the option to add another sub on the second channel later on.

To hook it up all you need is an RCA to 1/4 TRS cable, or you also have the option of using an RCA to XLR cable. For connecting your sub, you will need to get a speakon cable for the amplifier side, and what ever kind of connector you want on the subwoofer side.

Thanks Marty. Yeah, this is for a ported build (450L slot-port tuned to 17hz). So definitely less juice required than a sealed sub. However, I am thinking of going to a dual sub config, so I think I'll grab the 3000dsp to give me another channel with enough power.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts