AVS Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting this for my L/R/Surrounds.

Is this a good pickup for this type of application? At a price of $350 (before fan mod) it seems like a great price. Especially when parts express is offering 25 dollars off to pay for the fan mod. I was planning on getting a second CrownXLS1500 but this is the same price and can do 4 channels.

I'm not particularly sure how to connect it to my receiver/speakers though as my CrownXLS has different inputs/outputs on it. I usually only see people posting about the 2 channel inukes so what about this one? I did read the thread on it but want to hear some updated opinions if any. I originally had planned to get 2 inuke1000 DSP but if I'm real with myself, I'll never use the extent of such an amp except to set a crossover (which can already be done by your receiver anyway).

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
"I'm not particularly sure how to connect it to my receiver/speakers though as my CrownXLS has different inputs/outputs on it."

if you mean to go from rca to trs or xlr, there are converter cables for the input side that only cost a couple bucks. for the speaker side, you'll need speakons. very easy to use. there is a youtube vid on wiring them up. i'll see if i can dig it up.

here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCjpP0kYBAU

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is there a speakon to Banana Plug converter or something? I JUST converted all my wiring to banana plugs. That'll be extremely frustrating to undo all of that work.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
I bought 1 long Speakon to Speakon cable and cut it in half then added Dual Banana plugs to the end of each cable.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Just buy Speakon ends and use regular speaker wire. It is cheaper, and you can make them to any length you desire.

The ends are typically $2 a piece and 12 gauge wire is a few cents a foot.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm on my phone right now but the speak on ends are the same ones in homerisms thread right? Like 4 dollars?

I already have the speaker wire since I just did wires with banana plugs

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
I bought the NU4-6000 about a month ago now and couldn't be happier with it! I bought it instead of a second EP2500 or EP4000 to run the additional pair of SI's I bought at the same time. I sold my EP and am currently just using two channels of the new amp until I can build boxes for the next pair of subs. It works great and is light enough to sit in my component stand.

I installed two of these and it is dead silent. I literally cannot hear the fans running.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006GD30UC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395623728&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

I highly recommend this amp!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig  /t/1523928/inuke-nu4-6000-good-buy#post_24520940

I bought the NU4-6000 about a month ago now and couldn't be happier with it! I bought it instead of a second EP2500 or EP4000 to run the additional pair of SI's I bought at the same time. I sold my EP and am currently just using two channels of the new amp until I can build boxes for the next pair of subs. It works great and is light enough to sit in my component stand.

I installed two of these and it is dead silent. I literally cannot hear the fans running.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006GD30UC/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1395623728&sr=8-1&pi=SY200_QL40

I highly recommend this amp!

Where is a good source to read about how to do this fan mod? And I thought the fan mod only had 1 fan in it? Anything you do to get 2? I'm great at assembly but my electrical knowhow is a joke.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Use the search function for the fan mod on the iNukes. There are a few I believe. This amp takes two fans. I bought a 2-pack through Amazon for about $25. The noctua fans are a bit more expensive than some of the others but totally worth it to me.

Basically,I used a hair dryer to soften up the hot glue used to hold the original fan connectors and headers to the board and pulled them up. This leaves you with two pairs of metal pins sticking up. Since the Noctua fans are 3 wires, you just slide their connectors down onto the pins paying attention to the polarity of the black and red wires from the originals. The third hole on the new fans just sits over empty space of the board. I added some new hot glue to hold the new connectors to the board, tidied up the new wires with some zip ties and buttoned everything back up.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
1. Just be aware that a fan mod voids your warranty. But in nearly every case a silent PA is just a more expensive that the iNuke. In nearly every case you you win. But, just be aware of this.

2. The iNuke series is very efficient. The bigger versions of them actually don't use traditional heat sinks (the kinds with fins), but rather just a huge metal plate on the base of the chassis. This is fine for class D; actually more than fine. So, in this case the fan made actually presents less risk in this case than others for the iNuke NU4-6000, and 6000 series.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trepidati0n  /t/1523928/inuke-nu4-6000-good-buy/0_100#post_24522321

1. Just be aware that a fan mod voids your warranty.

That is correct. However, the way that I did mine makes it completely reversible as nothing from the original fans was modified or cut, etc. If something should happen with the amp, I can easily throw the original fans back in it.

Some folks cut and splice into the original fan cables and that's where one can get in trouble should something happen.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtsdig  /t/1523928/inuke-nu4-6000-good-buy#post_24522445

That is correct. However, the way that I did mine makes it completely reversible as nothing from the original fans was modified or cut, etc. If something should happen with the amp, I can easily throw the original fans back in it.

Some folks cut and splice into the original fan cables and that's where one can get in trouble should something happen.

+1

If you do it right, it will no problem. You can easily do the mod without cutting any wires, etc.

·
Banned
3,677 Posts
Just keep in mind that some, ( perhaps most?), electronic manufactures will place some type of sealer material to make sure that the owners of said devices don't open them, and if they do, the material will be noticeably altered, which will automatically void the warrantee.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Considering it would take 2 Crown XLS 1500 to do what 1 Inuke NU4-6000 is going to do and 2 Crown XLS1500s would cost me $700 I really am already $350 ahead. And that $350 would get me another Inuke so I'm ok with it failing and not having warranty. I doubt it'd fail anyway except if it was out of warranty.

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007  /t/1523928/inuke-nu4-6000-good-buy#post_24524691

Just keep in mind that some, ( perhaps most?), electronic manufactures will place some type of sealer material to make sure that the owners of said devices don't open them, and if they do, the material will be noticeably altered, which will automatically void the warrantee.

The Berrys don't based on my very limited experience with them so far; the EP2500 and NU4-6000.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martycool007  /t/1523928/inuke-nu4-6000-good-buy#post_24524691

There is nothing on these amps or any amps that I know of. I have modded every amp I have ever owned.

You can modify them very easily and without notice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts