AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a noobie to all of this, but I have read that the NU6000 at 8 ohms is much more reliable (less problems and longer lasting) than the NU3000 at 2 ohms. I plan on building two Marty cubes with SI HT18's and was trying to decide between the NU6000dsp at 8 ohms vs the NU3000 at 2 ohms. I don't always listen very loud, but occasionally I want to be able to crank it up and most of my time is spent on HT. Can anyone give me advice?

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've not seen any real life experiences in my forum reading to support the "much" more reliable comment around the 3000 vs 6000 inukes in sub duty. If anything, I've seen more issues with the 6000 because the fan mod seems to be less successful with them. There are probably 100's of people running the 2ohm configuration and SI's with no issues.

A 8 ohm load is easier on an amp than 2ohm, I just don't know If you are going to see an appreciable difference in inuke lifetimes between the two approaches when used for sub duty in HT use.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Having both amps in question;i would go with the 6000DSP. Fans on the 3000DSP are loud compared to the 6000DSP in my experience with them. Only positive with the 3000DSP is it doesn't pop the subs when used in conjunction with a smart strip.

Regards, Dr.H

·
Registered
830 Posts
I've had my 3000 running 2 ohm / channel for about 2 years now. That said, get the 6000 so that you have an easier upgrade path.

Also be aware that the 6k will have a little more headroom in that configuration than the 3k. It's something in the neighborhood of 1100w per side vs 900w per side. Once you load the 6k back up to 4ohm per side (because upgradeitis will get you) output will be back down to 900w per driver ( times 4 ).

·
Registered
75" Samsung Q80R QLED, Denon AVR3300, Revel F36, C25, W263, FV15HP x 2, ATV4K, Sony Blu Ray, Harmony
8,852 Posts
Or if you ever wanted to upgrade to 2 good drivers(HST-18, UXL-18 etc), you can get 1800x2 out of the 6000.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have 5 I Nuke amps, three of the I Nuke 3000 DSP amps and two of the 6000 DSP amp. One is about as reliable as the other. I don't get popping of the subs from any of the amps. I have ran the amps thru my surge/power conditioner and directly from the wall. The I Nuke 3000 amps fans are not as loud as the 6000 since there is only one fan.

I have fan mod only two of the amps and don't feel all of them need a fan mod. The amps will blow a lot of air after a heavy bass scene but with the volume up, it is not noticeable. I have read about a lot of people getting into trouble with some of the fan mods. Everyone has to be their own judge on a fan mod. I would not do the fan mod because everyone else is doing it and it is trendy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts