AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be using a 3000dsp for a few weeks while I build a friend an enclosure for his Ultimax 15. It's his amp he just bought to power the UM15.
I don't plan to eq or anything as I don't have REW yet. So this is really just a question in regards to the crossover.
I'm using an Onkyo 3008 that has XT32. Like my previous experience with Audyssey, I do not care for the results. So I plan to not use it.
Where I am a little confused, is the crossover settings. My speakers are set to small and crossover set to 70hz-80hz. (still seeing which sounds better)
With that said, the inuke will be seeing 70hz-80hz down from the receiver.
Do I turn off the inuke crossover? Is that possible? All I plan to do is see how my sub sounds with twice the power. Plus get familiar with the inuke before I buy my 6000dsp to power the two UXLs I'm getting.

·
Premium Member
11,444 Posts
Iron Maiden said:
... Where I am a little confused, is the crossover settings. My speakers are set to small and crossover set to 70hz-80hz. (still seeing which sounds better)
With that said, the inuke will be seeing 70hz-80hz down from the receiver.
Do I turn off the inuke crossover? Is that possible? ...
Yes and yes. I believe the 3000DSP is similar to the 6000DSP (which I have), so the crossover should be disabled by default (pg. 12 of the manual - Gain at 0.0dB).

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts