AVS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
inuke just came in from amazon. Wired it up (correctly) for stereo use with 2 subs. +1 -1 for channel A and +2 -2 for channel B, speakon connectors to the neutrik pannel plug are wired correctly. Software ( set to stereo and dual mono) shows great signal, though the gain lights on the inuke show only one light even at high volumes with very little driver movement. To further test, I plugged in a working amp via the speakon connection and the drivers operate, so my wiring must be correct. Any ideas before I suffer through another week of waiting for them to ship me one?

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Turn up the knobs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
sounds like you may be sending the wrong side of the crossover output to the sub.

are you high passing the content at 80hz or something like that? that would filter out all your content.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds like you may be sending the wrong side of the crossover output to the sub.

are you high passing the content at 80hz or something like that? that would filter out all your content.
I'll check the high pass filter!

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

My high pass is at 20hz my low pass is at 90hz. Still the same problem

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I've removed all wires with new. New rca, rewired the speakon several times. Tried a driver that I know is good, removed the connection panel entirely. Tired every configuration in the inuke. I'm not sure what I'm missing. This amp must be dead....

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I run stereo mode, and thought I wired both output speakons to 1+ and 1-
I rewired like this. The problem is there is almost no output from the inuke. Gain knob maxed I only get one light. I've tried 2 receivers. The only other thing it could be is the input adaptor, I'm using these

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000068O4D

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
I used very similar RCA-XLR adapters at 1st, and they worked fine, except there was a little Hum/noise, so I went to Radio Shack and got (2) RCA-1/4" TS Mono plugs instead.
I got the "Y" cables, they were cheaper than the RCA-1/4" adapter, and I can use the 2nd plug for another amp later.
What is the SW output setting in your AVR set at?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used very similar RCA-XLR adapters at 1st, and they worked fine, except there was a little Hum/noise, so I went to Radio Shack and got (2) RCA-1/4" TS Mono plugs instead.
I got the "Y" cables, they were cheaper than the RCA-1/4" adapter, and I can use the 2nd plug for another amp later.
What is the SW output setting in your AVR set at?
Avr setting is at -0.0

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Went out and bought a crown xls 1000 from guitar center and will be sending the inuke back to Amazon. Crown is pumping out some good bass!

·
Registered
12,038 Posts
Seems like everyone who buys inukes from amazon gets a dud.

There might not be anything wrong with the amp, probably a bad XLR adapter or insufficient gain.

That said: Behringer is entry-level junk... (you don't get what you don't pay for.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.