AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen posts indicating one of the only differences between the JVC G15 / Dukane 9015 projector and the JVC G10 / Dukane 9000 projector is the latter lacks an adjustment for inverted mounting. For example, here's a quote:
Quote:
The G15 has an adjustment for the Xenon lamp for inverted mounting. It may not be needed on the G11, but there have been some instances that I have read about on this forum where there were some convergence (or similar to convergence) problems due to the way the lamp fires in an inverted setting.
I'm looking at having to mount this projector in an inverted mounting; what sort of problems could I expect as a result of lacking this adjustment? Convergence problems like color fringing? Is there any way using software (like DILARD) to perform equivalent adjustments?

Does anyone have this projector in an inverted mount? Did any special adjustments need to be made? Thanks for any response.

------------------

- Dan Butterfield

·
Registered
287 Posts
Dan,

Good news. Shading is less of an issue with inverted G10's & clones(than G11's) because the optical path isn't as efficient. It can still be a problem, though. You won't know until you try. Shading appears as non-uniform color tinting across the screen. Corners are the hardest to fix.

A Dilard shading wizard is on the list of future features, but is not shipping yet.

The only option now if you have a shading problem is professional calibration. Even then, most calibrators can't promise perfect shading since compromise is often required with the current shading adjustment software tool.

Jeff

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
I have a G1000 in an inverted mounting. The shading is noticeably a problem when looking at still images with lots of white background like Windows or browsing the web, but less intrusive (actually unnoticable) when viewing DVDs and HDTV.

Still, it is severe when compared to how it looked when I had it table-top mounted. I am still waiting for the Panamorph and don't want to ship the projector off for calibration until after that. But at that point it is definitely off to Cliff the calibrator.

------------------

Kirk Ellis

G1000 D-ILA, HTPC, Panamorph (soon I hope),

Dish 6000 (HBOHD,SHOHD,CBS,NBC,ABC,WB,FOX,UPN, KCET -- does it get any better ?)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.