AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With all the talk of potential RS1 panel uniformity issues, one thing jumps out:

Wm has said he's seen more pronounced problems with inverted (ceiling mounted) Lcos-based projectors. I'm sure most here are going to ceiling-mount their RS1s. But think back...every photo I've seen from the RS1/HD1 public demonstrations shows the projector right-side-up (sitting on table/pedestal).

Is this paranoia on my part?

TA

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
I may be wrong but I believe that xenon lamps are more sensitive to orientation than UHP's. Having said that I ran my G11 for 7 years and 5 or 6 lamps inverted without a problem. My HD10K is table mounted but only because I use a HP screen

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
JVC at CEDIA and CES displayed in venues where projectors couldn't be ceiling mounted. Unil very recently, only a few machines have been available and then only for a very short time per location. harldy time to ceiling install.

·
Registered
13,828 Posts
Oh goodie, another RS1 thread!!!!!

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Instead of threads, why don't we call them weaves? Amother JVC weave! No point in just putting dribble (like this post) in one thread, this way, just like manure it can be spread around. But spread manure can do some good. This post? Nah.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts

Quote:
Wm has said he's seen more pronounced problems with inverted (ceiling mounted) Lcos-based projectors.

Are the uniformity issues with inverted mounting the result of the lamp being inverted or the lcos panels? Does somebody have a better explaination of this problem?

·
Premium Member
25,539 Posts
"Are the uniformity issues with inverted mounting the result of the lamp being inverted or the lcos panels? Does somebody have a better explaination of this problem?"

Good point; besides the bouancy of the gas in the lamp being affected by gravity, there's the liquid in the crystals flowing differently as well

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mark Haflich-

Thanks for the helpful contribution to this thread. Aren't you the same guy participating in other speculative/paranoid RS1 threads, including the infamous "RS2" thread ? A lot of manure "spread around" there, I think.

TA

·
Registered
915 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbelmont /forum/post/0

Mark Haflich-

Thanks for the helpful contribution to this thread. Aren't you the same guy participating in other speculative/paranoid RS1 threads, including the infamous "RS2" thread ? A lot of manure "spread around" there, I think.

TA

What else do we have to do. Since we don't have any RS-1s to post facts about we might as well post based on innuendo and conjecture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.