AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my dedicated theater room, I plan to have double stud walls with two layers of 5/8 drywall. I'm putting in a Klipsch Ultra2 7.1 system. My back row of seats is clear up against the back wall, so I need to do in-walls for the rear speakers.

The rear speakers I'm using are Klipsch KL-7800 THX which has an integrated box enclosure. http://www.klipsch.com/products/deta...-7800-thx.aspx

I'm not worried about sound from the other speakers leaving the theater because I can seal around the rear enclosure. My concern is the amount of sound that will be heard outside of the theater because the box for the Klipsch In-wall will be outside the sealed part of the theater.

How much sound will be coming from a rear channel speaker? Should I build an MDF enclosure around this speaker?

Thanks,

Matt

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccabem /forum/post/0

In my dedicated theater room, I plan to have double stud walls with two layers of 5/8 drywall. I'm putting in a Klipsch Ultra2 7.1 system. My back row of seats is clear up against the back wall, so I need to do in-walls for the rear speakers.

The rear speakers I'm using are Klipsch KL-7800 THX which has an integrated box enclosure. http://www.klipsch.com/products/deta...-7800-thx.aspx

I'm not worried about sound from the other speakers leaving the theater because I can seal around the rear enclosure. My concern is the amount of sound that will be heard outside of the theater because the box for the Klipsch In-wall will be outside the sealed part of the theater.

How much sound will be coming from a rear channel speaker? Should I build an MDF enclosure around this speaker?

Thanks,

Matt

I ended up with similar for my rear speakers. I doubled up insulation behind them, and I don't find I have very signifiacnt sound transfer. That may be partly due to the fact athat surround rears are often active with lots of high-volume content.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.