AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

I'm a new member and a total newbie when it comes to speakers/recievers and all that good stuff. I just bought a new home and I have all the walls opened up in my soon to be tv room. I want to go the in wall speaker route for my surround sound. I'm not looking for anything crazy just something I could be pround of when I watch my first movie. =). I was wondering if someone could point me to a full set up of inwall surround sound speakers/ subwoofer and a receiver. I don't have a huge budget because my fiance handles the finances. So I'm looking to spend around $500-600 for everything.

I found the following site inwallstore.com I like the price of these but I don't know if there good. Anyone have experience with them? If recommended what reciever to sub should I go with?

Thanks again for anyone that responds to this thread. =)

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
another option is the "NT" series in-walls for the front 3 and the "PT" series for the surrounds. http://www.thespeakercompany.com/In-Wall-C11.aspx

You should install a digital audio coaxial cable to feed the subwoofer, I don't recommend an in-wall sub, but a free standing enclosure in the room.

All of your wiring should home-run to the equipment location - the area where you want to place the a/v receiver, and all the input sources for the HT. Make sure the electrician puts in an outlet at that location, preferable a 20 amp "dedicated" circuit so nothing by your HT equipment is on that circuit. Wiring for both 120v AC and the feed cables (usually HDMI) for the TV need consideration as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts