AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been lurking in the avs forum for months...I guess its finally time to ask a question. We are designing a home theater for the loft in our poolhouse. Its a new construction and only the foundation is in so I've been researching extensively. My biggest area of ignorance is in regards to speakers.

I'm most interested in a 7.1 setup. I'm still in the process of figuring out my budget as I'm learning about what I want to spend, can afford to spend and what aspects of the home theater are most important to me. That being said, with respect to speaker placement, what are the pros/cons of hiding the speakers in the wall vs mounting them externally. Yes its its cool to have them hidden in the walls but what about years from now when I want to change them out--how easy is that to do? Does you get more for the money mounting in/out of the wall, etc. I think you see where I'm going here.

This place is a fountain of knowledge. I've learned a ton in the last 3 months but still feel like I know nothing.

Thanx in advance,

Tony

·
Registered
698 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTTS /forum/post/12883133

Does you get more for the money mounting in/out of the wall, etc. I think you see where I'm going here.

This place is a fountain of knowledge. I've learned a ton in the last 3 months but still feel like I know nothing.

Thanx in advance,

Tony

Youse does gets more for your money with on wall speakers.
In wall you depend on the wall as a cabinet for the speaker, on wall the cabinet is built and already tested, and the cabinet is important. Also good speakers have really nice cabinets, and themselves are beautiful pieces of furniture. Since this is a loft look into acoustic treatments of some kind, there might be an echo problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts