AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29,125 Posts
The 28-year-old concert footage was given a frame-by-frame 4K restoration. Details in the video below:

Looks good, though a little too teal for me.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Looks good, though a little too teal for me.
A very common problem with remasters (eg. Blade Runner, Aliens, Terminator). Is there a technical reason for this or is it just the current fashion?

BTW this is 60 FPS.

·
Registered
29,125 Posts
Is there a technical reason for this or is it just the current fashion?
I'm guessing the latter. The difference is pretty obvious in the YouTube video I posted. Wish they had kept the hue more neutral, like the original footage.

·
Premium Member
4,360 Posts
The sell on this for me would be the sound........

Did they actually record this in tracks or overlay studio tracks.....or is it just some quasi remix to include some ceiling speaker ambience.....

I am going to need roger waters the wall level Atmos or better.......

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The sell on this for me would be the sound........

Did they actually record this in tracks or overlay studio tracks.....or is it just some quasi remix to include some ceiling speaker ambience.....

I am going to need roger waters the wall level Atmos or better.......
It was done at Abbey Road and a year was spent on the restoration. I have high hopes for this, I'll post when i get it.

·
Registered
3,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The video is a upgrade for sure. I won't call the ATMOS life changing but it is better than the MasterDTS. Overall its a good watch for a 30 yr old concert. I found the sound more enveloping and had a realness that most concerts don't capture. I didn't find the teal push to be distracting, I had forgotten about it until I posted.

This does have grain and is not a sharp image, looks great imo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts