AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been using this wi-fi hub to connect my avr bdp tv etc thru wifi to my cable modem without issue til today when they changed out the modem & when I press the wps button on the iogear, it blinks for a while then stops & none of my components can get an address. Called my broadband to be sure the modem was wps enabled, it is so next tried to manually configure the iogear hub by connecting it directly to my desktop & followed all the directions in the manual by changing the static ip addr etc & then it tells me to open my browser & enter a numeric ip addr & nothing happens ugh. I'm about ready to just buy some 20' ethernet cables & go hardwired. Anyone have experience with this iogear hub & any ideas?? Thx!

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Have been using this wi-fi hub to connect my avr bdp tv etc thru wifi to my cable modem without issue til today when they changed out the modem & when I press the wps button on the iogear, it blinks for a while then stops & none of my components can get an address. Called my broadband to be sure the modem was wps enabled, it is so next tried to manually configure the iogear hub by connecting it directly to my desktop & followed all the directions in the manual by changing the static ip addr etc & then it tells me to open my browser & enter a numeric ip addr & nothing happens ugh. I'm about ready to just buy some 20' ethernet cables & go hardwired. Anyone have experience with this iogear hub & any ideas?? Thx!
SOLVED! Had to call broadband provider once more to be sure wps enabled on modem, sure enuff, wasn't & then there's lock icon button they also needed to click. Geez LOL.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts