AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know if anyone has experience using the "ION dual cassette tape archiver," for sale in a few places on the Net. I have a lot of cassettes that I'd like to transfer over to CDs, and this unit (apparently) has a USB plug, whereby you play your cassettes, the music is transfered to your hard drive, then you burn a CD---then start all over.

I'm basically interested in knowing if the quality is good, and if there are any problems or drawbacks to doing this. There is also an "Alesis TapeLink USB Dual Cassette Digital Archiver " that I've seen for sale, as well. Any comments---pro or con---with one brand over the other?

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
If you "legally" own the tapes why not just download them? If you have hi-speed internet you can guarantee it would be a lot quicker than transfering the tapes. Plus the sound quality of your older tapes might be lacking. Just my .02

·
Registered
10 Posts
@ RealisticDave,

I am in a similar boat. Its hard to say, I have been trying to find such system for a while as my father has about 1000 such tapes (and no CDs of such tapes are available) I have searched quite a lot but no solid information available on any of these products so only option is give a try.

There are other hardwares as well, TypeWriter, PlusDeck2 and Xitel Inport.

I will really appreciate your comment if you do give a try to any of these hardwares.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts