AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Pioneer VSX-1120 which is in a good working order. I am trying to see how I can get it to turn on through the built-in web interface (showing Power On option) or through IP control. All other functions work but once the unit goes into standby the internal web server and telnet port (23) both shut down and longer respond. They come back up right after I turn it on through the regular IR remote.

Having no power-on command effectively disables IP control for me as I would have to run a second control line either through RS-232 or IR blaster.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Tom

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm not sure, because my unit doesn't behave this way. When you say "goes into standby", do you mean powering it off? I assume that you can control it through the web interface when it is powered on. Can you ping the unit when it is not responding via web? Perhaps there is a networking problem. Have you tried assigning it a static IP address through your router?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you then confirm this for me: when you turn your unit off (I call it standby, but basically I mean turn off without unplugging), are you able to access the built in web server, and turn it back on through the internbal web page?

Tom

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, I can. You are correct that Pioneer calls it standby when the unit is off. I just wanted to make sure we were talking about the same thing.

I couldn't find this in the manual last night, but I vaguely remember something about "Network Standby". See page 82 of your manual. You need to set Network Standby to On to allow web control when the receiver is in Standby. This is done through Network Setup in the receiver's menus. I think this will solve your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.