AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

just discovered this fantastic forum! I'm looking for the best set-up to acess my digital music trough and iOS device (preferably) or Android. There are so many options and so "techie" I blew a fuse.

What I value most is the confort and usability of the iOS interface and apps, where you can search, filter and be listening to what you want in a heartbeat.

I currently have is a Lacie Media player, connected to a Rotel amp and Monitor Audio speakers. It works ok but I hate the clunky interface, I have to use a remote and go through a list of folders to access the song/album I want. I appreciate good sound quality but am not a die-hard audiophile.

Raspberry seems a solution but I'm dubious of sound quality? Totally Apple based media solution should be very $$$$?

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Hello,

just discovered this fantastic forum! I'm looking for the best set-up to acess my digital music trough and iOS device (preferably) or Android. There are so many options and so "techie" I blew a fuse.

What I value most is the confort and usability of the iOS interface and apps, where you can search, filter and be listening to what you want in a heartbeat.

I currently have is a Lacie Media player, connected to a Rotel amp and Monitor Audio speakers. It works ok but I hate the clunky interface, I have to use a remote and go through a list of folders to access the song/album I want. I appreciate good sound quality but am not a die-hard audiophile.

Raspberry seems a solution but I'm dubious of sound quality? Totally Apple based media solution should be very $$$$?

Any suggestions?
Is it a Rotel AVR?? I will look at your media player.

Also which Lacie media player?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it a Rotel AVR?? I will look at your media player.

Also which Lacie media player?
It's a Rotel RA-06, analogue :) HD disk is a Lacie Lacinema drive, basically an HD with audio and video outputs and a remote.

Can consider scrapping it but not willing to spend much over 500€ so maybe the solution is some recent media HD drive with wireless connectivity to ipad?

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts