AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to hook up my 3GS to my receiver and play music through my HT.

Open to both docking station and just a simple cable to run directly to receiver.

What are my options?

·
Registered
245 Posts
You can also just use a stereo audio cable and skip the dock and it will work just fine, unless you are going for the look of the dock as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
umass03's statement is incorrect. A generic stereo audio cable didn't work with the 1st gen. iPhone and I am pretty certain that hasn't changed with the 3G and 3GS. Make sure it advertises compatibility with your iphone before purchasing. It requires a special cable for the iphone. Furthermore, if connecting to a decent receiver you are going to want to connect via the digital docking connection anyway for sound integrity purposes.

·
Registered
245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by geminigod /forum/post/17205217

umass03's statement is incorrect. A generic stereo audio cable didn't work with the 1st gen. iPhone and I am pretty certain that hasn't changed with the 3G and 3GS. Make sure it advertises compatibility with your iphone before purchasing. It requires a special cable for the iphone. Furthermore, if connecting to a decent receiver you are going to want to connect via the digital docking connection anyway for sound integrity purposes.

I can tell you from personal experience that it does work as that is how I have my 3G hooked up to my receiver.

·
Premium Member
7,158 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBobb; /forum/post/0

I believe the 3GS has stereo bluetooth and therefore GO WIRELESS?

It does, but what do you use for a Bluetooth receiver to a standard receiver? I know some of the receivers today have it, but I need something cheaper than the Chordette at $900 to get the Bluetooth into a standard receiver.

Any ideas?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts