AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hooked up my Ipod to my receiver and man did it sound terrible! I have heard that a good stereo system will make the compressed nature of these songs not sound as good but this was flat out awful. Is there something I might have done wrong and can I improve the quality? I know I had been at a party where someone was doing the same thing and it really rocked. some sounded very bassy, and others sounded very low , like i had to really crank up the volume and then it was bad. I have it hooked up with one of those cables that go into the ipod headphone jack and split on the other end to two rca plugs. I plugged them in the back into the phono jack.

thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did try the SACD/Cd one and it was worse yet. Any other suggestions? I did read one site that said the compression of mp3's on a decent stereo really shows the weakness of the compressions and that a stereo with some sort of "expansion" mode makes it better but I cannot find that in my manual

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.