AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so in about a month I will have a fiber pulled into my house. I will then have access to a number of providers of IP based TV.

They all provide the same Motorola STB (VIP1910) but I do NOT want another STB. I want to integrate IPTV into my 7MC based HTPC.

Is this at all possible - does such technology exist?

If I have to use an STB, it is a non starter. I will just stick with my current terrestrial TV setup (DVB-T) in that case.

thanks

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by politby /forum/post/18259671

OK, so in about a month I will have a fiber pulled into my house. I will then have access to a number of providers of IP based TV.

They all provide the same Motorola STB (VIP1910) but I do NOT want another STB. I want to integrate IPTV into my 7MC based HTPC.

Is this at all possible - does such technology exist?

If I have to use an STB, it is a non starter. I will just stick with my current terrestrial TV setup (DVB-T) in that case.

thanks

I think no, but it is possible in MediaPortal.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not encouraging.

Anyway as I understand it they only send one channel at a time over the link so any sort of multi tuner/recording functionality is out of the question.

I think I'll stick to satellite.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by politby /forum/post/18276500

Not encouraging.

Anyway as I understand it they only send one channel at a time over the link so any sort of multi tuner/recording functionality is out of the question.

I think I'll stick to satellite.

It is not IPTV restriction. My iptv provider can send multiple streams at the same time, I can watch one and record others

1 - 5 of 5 Posts