AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help.

I have an outdoor screen porch that is ~20-25' from my bedroom. I purchased this wireless HDMI unit from monoprice:

http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?seq=1&format=2&p_id=8087&CAWELAID=1329456162&catargetid=320013720000011168&cagpspn=pla&gclid=CKzL_42cibcCFegWMgodIBsAJA

It transmits the video with no problem. Well, technically, it's a bit splotchy, but for my purposes I don't need crystal clear video, this is more of an "in the background" TV.

The problem is with the IR.

When I click on the tivo remote, it is *generally* sending the wrong button code to the tivo. I press select on the remote and I get the right arrow. I press live TV and I get something else. Sometimes it gets the buttons right, but most of the time it is wrong.

What is the best way to troubleshoot this? I know that in the wall behind the transmitter (which is the IR receiver, inside the house) is a circuit box. I can see how the set of electrical breakers could make enough "noise" to interfere. Should I build a foil "tent" around the unit?

I have found the IR sensor on the Tivo and I placed the emitter right in front of it. Then I taped a Q-tip to the shelf and taped the emitter to that so that it is at the same level. Same thing.

I am at my wits end. I love the idea of not having to buy an extra tivo just to serve up video out there, but this is such a pain.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.