AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

IR Blaster Code for Explorer 3100HD

308 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  ClaudeD 
#1 ·
Anyone have this Scientific Atlanta cable box (Explorer 3100HD) working with replaytv 4XXX series?

Anyone know how to add your own codes?

None of the available codes work for this box for me, and sampling the IR values through a Slink-e shows that they're not even close to the values put out by the Explorers remote.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Kirk

#2 ·
I got mine last week and changed nothing on my 4500 - same code as the SA2100.

I am a bit frustrated since I just realized that the 4500 can't record any of the HD channels - my mistake. I don't get any video on the HD channels, even when using the composit-out on the SA3100HD tuner. The same channels are duplicated in 'low def' on other channels so I've just removed the HD channels from my guide. If I want to watch HD I need to watch it live - not gonna happen. I think I may need to switch back. Bummer.

#6 ·
Hmmm, 477A doesn't work with either of my 3100HD boxes.

The power on test doesn't work, and neither does the channel change.

You've got the IR Blaster positions to the left of the numbers on the front of the box?

Are you using the double blaster that came with the box?

Thanks in advance,

Kirk

#7 ·
I am using the IR blaster from Replay. If you use a point a flash light towards the box you will be able to see the IR detector. Its located to the right of the clock.

Also make sure that you hit ">" on the remote or it will not test the code. (I did not do it at first)

Cesar

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jjohnson
I got mine last week and changed nothing on my 4500 - same code as the SA2100.

I am a bit frustrated since I just realized that the 4500 can't record any of the HD channels - my mistake. I don't get any video on the HD channels, even when using the composit-out on the SA3100HD tuner. The same channels are duplicated in 'low def' on other channels so I've just removed the HD channels from my guide. If I want to watch HD I need to watch it live - not gonna happen. I think I may need to switch back. Bummer.
Instead of switching back you can do what I do.

I have split my cable signal so I have it going into both the cable box and the Replay's antenna input. I set up the rplay for the full digital cable line up on the AV signal, and the cable ready TV lineup on the antenna. Then when there is ashow I want to record and watch in HD. I record the antenna feed (channel 1011 instead of 11 as an example) and then I use macros on my remote to watch the HD feed from the box. If I have to get up I have another macro that switches everything to the replay recording. Once I catch up to live I swicth back again. Not the best situation but it does work well.

#9 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by jjohnson
If I want to watch HD I need to watch it live - not gonna happen. I think I may need to switch back. Bummer.
I have a different STB, but I've noticed that taking the HD out through S-video into my Replay gives me

a) a very much better picture than the SD channels

b) a 16:9 window-box that when zoomed fits my widescreen TV perfectly.

I very much prefer recording the downrezzed HD to recording SD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.