AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an upgraded RTV 5060 and just got a DirecTV H20-600 receiver. I successfully uploaded the new IR blaster codes and changing channels didn't appear to be a problem while I watching live TV.

However, when my Replay tried to record a show after my receiver had been idle for awhile, digits would be dropped when changing channels. I noticed the H20 power button changes color when receiving an IR input and it didn't flicker the same number of times as the digits in the channel. But when I go back to watching live TV, the IR blaster works fine.

I'm wondering if there's an idling feature on the H20 that has to be awakened before changing channels. I thought the H20 may know that my TV is off (it's connected to an HDMI to my TV; S-video to my Replay) and go into an idling-like mode but I left the TV on last night and it still failed to change the channel. I'm now trying to do this by leaving my Replay on instead of having it start turned off and seeing if it works.

Meanwhile, has anyone else had this issue? I ordered the Paterson Translator yesterday but in the meantime, without having to set every show on Autotune on the receiver, I wonder if there's a workaround.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am having the same results with a Dirctv H20-600. IR is spuratic, hit or miss when using IR Repaeter system and RTI remote, via co-located equipment. Using the supplied Directv remote directly in front of unit....operation is fine. But via the reapeater system, no. All other equipment works fine so I am confident that the repaeater system is 100%. Using the Directv remote threw the repeater system I did notice that oddly, the "CHAN DOWN" button works everytime, but "CHAN UP" button barely works.

PS: There is a recall out on this unit for various reasons.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Wanted to note:

Using the supplied Directv remote directly in front of unit and/or in general that the POWER button which is illuminated green full time, flashes ORANGE when any/all commands a pressed via the remote (DIRECTV Remote & RTI).

I did notice on a like Directv receiver, that it would blink Green under the same conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts