AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I am running into an issue that I am sure has happened before.

I am setting up a RACK with 2 DVR boxes. I am using multiple harmony 900 remotes to control the seperate boxes (one is for the outside, one is for the inside). I put the blasters underneath the DVR boxes. I knew that it would interfere so I relocated the other box to away from the main DVR. Now the blasters are catching each other and changing the channel for both DVRs. It is not an option to relocate the DVR box. The need to be in the same area. What can I use to block the IR signal from one another?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Are both DVRs the same make/model?

If so then it won't matter which remote you use as both remotes are using the same code set. The only way to make this work is to use a remote system that allows IR routing or different RF remotes that have multiple channel settings. The Harmony 900 won't do either.

Most of these types of remotes are only available to the pro integrators.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishJack /forum/post/20910303

Your best bet with those boxes would be an emitter shield or the tape as previously referenced.

And as mentioned previously, unless he can set his two identical boxes to different remote codes, shields or tape will not work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.