AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

With the Comcast all-digital push going on right now, I need to setup my ReplayTVs to control the new Comcast STB's I've ordered. The problem is that over the years I've long since lost/mis-placed/thrown out the IR blasters that came with my RTV's when new.

Does anyone happen to know of a source for them? I've got both an 4504 and 5000 RTV so I'll need the appropriate ones for each (if different, shows how much I know on the subject ).

Thanks for the help!

Kevin

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just purchased a couple from here. Actually from their eBay listing, but found later that they are cheaper on their website:

http://www.cmple.com/c-36-ir-emitters.aspx

These work with the 50xx and 55xx. I don't know about the 4xxx.

I had to replace mine because my new kittens decided to "eat" 2 of the ones I had.

Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
When Comcast took their giant leap backward and made me install a cablebox I found a "TiVo to Comcast DTA Cable" on Ebay from g-gray (I'm sure from someone's advice here on AVSF). It skips having to deal with the ir emitter sticking to the cablebox and lets you just direct connect a cable between the two IR jacks on each box. Much cleaner. Works on my Replay 5500 to Comcast DTA and Comcast RNG110 STB.

Also note that depending on what STB/DTA you get there will probably not be a IR code in your Replay that matches it. I had to load one which was a bit messy but everything is working well now. Info is here on AVSF. Try including ReplayTV RID IR Pace in a search.

Sorry, won't let me paste links yet so you'll have to do the searches.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.