Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Got a quick question for you. I have an Ideal-Lume by CinemaTech Inc. bias light for behind my direct view and my DLP RPTVs. These are basically just flourescent lights that plug into a wall outlet and have an on/off rocker switch. I have a little bit of knowledge when it comes to X10 stuff, but was wondering if there is a cheap way to just get a module that responds to IR commands to turn the outlet on and off. I want to be able to have a button on my Pronto remote that turns the bias light off and on so that I can program a macro to turn it on when I power up or turn it off when I power down. Is X10 the only way to go? Assuming X10 is the way, what's the cheapest path to get a SINGLE outlet that reads the IR from the Pronto, converts it to X10 and then switches the light on or off? DISCRETE on and off are preferred. Seems as if Lutron might make something that would fit this bill, but I am having the darndest time navigating their site and making heads or tails of what might get the job done.

Thanks for any help,

Jeff

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
Iceblade,

X10 makes a device that converts IR codes to their power line control protocol. It is not very expensive and the IR codes are available on their universal remotes or from remotecentral.com for your Pronto. Send me your phone number via e-mail and I will call you with more details.

There are non-X10 devices out there but they are more expensive. I think Niles may have an IR-triggered outlet and there other companies. The names aren't coming to me right now. Sorry.

Best regards and beautiful pictures,

G. Alan Brown

CinemaQuest, Inc.

Insist on HDTV!:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.