AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to dim a single circuit of lighting with a 3-way IR switch using my MX-450. The RF dimmers for use with URC have been discontinued and I can't tell if they can do a 3-way circuit anyway.

Does anyone know if the Lutron Maestro IR dimmer switch MIR-600M can be used with my URC MX-450? It comes with a remote that I would use to teach the URC.

In addition, the wall with the switch is on a 45 degree angle to the couch. Does the IR receiver on this switch have a wide-enough sensing angle?

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
The IR dimmer would work by learning or it may already have a built-in code. I have no idea about the angle since I've only used Z-wave switches.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I use the Lutron Maestro IR dimmers in my theater and the codes were in CCP but I am not sure about the 450 as I don't use that one. I can say the IR windows work at wide angels and can pick up reflections off windows easily. One of mine is behind me and I can bounce the signal off from a piece of art on one side of my room to bring the lights down instead of having to point it behind me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts