AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 4-zone Xantach IR distribution system, but have a couple of remote locations that I want to have remote receivers (connected to the Xantech in the theatre) that are difficult to pull wire to.

There are various standalone RF extender systems, the radio shack pyramids, I saw one recently that replaces the AA battery in a remote (can't find that one now, a link would be great), but all emit IR at the other end.

Does anyone know if the Xantech 172 XTRA Link2 that injects RF into coax, or the INJ94/CPL94B/CPL10 will work without conflict over coax where I currently have DBS Sat and OTA RF signals combined? I'm currently using splitters/combiners to get DBS and modulated video to these locations, and this might be a solution as I have these single RG6 runs to the locations. The specs for the coupler in the Xantech catalog (in the U.K. section of the page, no details on U.S.) mention a 5-900Mhz splitter contained, so this might cause problems.

That failing, I'd love to find something high-quality that I can use proper standalone IR receivers, plug into an RF 'bridge', and have a similar bridge in the theatre that receives the RF, but acts as an emitter (ie. plugs right into an emitter jack in the Xantech).

Powerline is a possibility if anything exists, but I might have some problems there as I have two meters and multiple panels (don't ask) so some pairs of outlets don't see each other until the transformer at the power lines.

I have the Radio Shack pyramids but it seems so much noise (is it 900Mhz? 2.5?) from something in the house (802.11b perhaps if it's 2.5, I have multiple AP's) that it basically acts as an IR blocker from any other remotes in the room.

Thanks for any pointers.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I've heard that the IR injectors don't work with satellite since the coax also carries a DC current. Try calling xantech directly and asking them.

CJ

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Skypalace

There are various standalone RF extender systems, the radio shack pyramids, I saw one recently that replaces the AA battery in a remote (can't find that one now, a link would be great), but all emit IR at the other end.
Remote range extender

Quote:
I have the Radio Shack pyramids but it seems so much noise (is it 900Mhz? 2.5?)
RS remote extenders transmit at a frequency of 418 MHz. > http://www.radioshack.com/images/Pro...OME15-1950.pdf

Can't help you with the Xantech stuff...

Good luck,

Vin

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Have a Range Extender on the way. We'll see if it actually does meet the '100 feet through walls etc.' spec, as that's about the distance I have, through two exterior walls (out and back in because of room layouts) and a couple of interior.

If it doesn't work, I'll call Xantech on the RG6 injectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.