Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for a low cost, simple way to allow remote control into a digital projector hushbox. I know it can be done with an IR repeater, but that adds cost and complexity. I am looking for something as simple as a fiber optic device that passes IR light from the front of the hushbox inside to projector sensor.

If the fiber optics approach is not possible, does anyone make a "AA" battery operated sensor/emitter repeater? A $10-$15 solution would be great. Thanks.

Gary

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyP
a lot of projectors have a sensor in front and can be controlled by IR bounced of the screen
Yes, my projector has a sensor on the front and back. Problem is, I am putting the projector in a "hushbox". The sensors will be covered. Therefore, I need some type of extender. See original message.

Gary

·
Banned
2,582 Posts
Just cut a small hole in the box where the sensor is so the IR bounce will work.

If need be use a small cardboard tube to touch the IR window on the projector and the front edge of the box. Put a small piece of plastic at the end of the tube to alllow light to enter but sound to stay in. It will just tunnel the IR signal from the screen bounce into the hush box.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.