AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Denon AVR-988 in the closet right behind my television. I'm trying to figure out a way to remote control it as all of my other items have no problem.

1- HTPC IR Receiver separate from computer

2- Wii IR Bar separate, controllers bluetooth

3- PS3 controllers bluetooth

I need to be able to control the volume of my movies without walking around the room if possible. The receiver has a "Remote Control - Room to Room - In" Port that expects to see their infrared retransmitter. I'm wondering if there is anyway I can use that with a simple IR sensor. There is also an RS-232 connector i could possibly use. Any Ideas?

If I can't come up with an inexpensive solution as I have decided not to spend the money for Denon's RF remote or an RF Harmony remote, considering " http://www.amazon.com/Terk-Technologies-LF-IRX-Leapfrog-Extender/dp/B000069EV0/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1250566422&sr=8-14 " for about $25. It will really look ugly as the only thing visible in my HT is the 52" Sharp...

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Interestingly enough, from my listening position (about 20 feet from the receiver), I am able to control the receiver by bouncing the IR signal off of walls. The receiver is on the other side of an 8" wall on the floor of a linen closet facing away from me.

Since the closet door has to be open for the remote to work, it would still be very nice to be able to control it without the door open (i really doubt that it will work currently with the door closed, but I will try anyway).

Thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.