AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just hooked up a MRF350 in my system. I already have a MX900. I would love to utilize the IR input on the back of my cable box and tv. Neither of them will work as it currently stands. My receiver, however, does work through the IR input on the back. The three pieces of equipment are a Marantz SR4002, a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD and a LG 42PC3D Plasma. Does anyone know if a) the cable box and tv can utilize these inputs, and b) if they can, how do I go about doing this.

I have not yet tried to adjust the levels on the MRF base, or tried a different plug with a "stereo" 1/8th plug as I believe they are called. Anyway, would appreciate some info from someone more knowledgeable on this then I am. Thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golovemd /forum/post/14320187

I just hooked up a MRF350 in my system. I already have a MX900. I would love to utilize the IR input on the back of my cable box and tv. Neither of them will work as it currently stands. My receiver, however, does work through the IR input on the back. The three pieces of equipment are a Marantz SR4002, a Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8300HD and a LG 42PC3D Plasma. Does anyone know if a) the cable box and tv can utilize these inputs, and b) if they can, how do I go about doing this.

I have not yet tried to adjust the levels on the MRF base, or tried a different plug with a "stereo" 1/8th plug as I believe they are called. Anyway, would appreciate some info from someone more knowledgeable on this then I am. Thanks.

The SA 8300HD configuration is controlled by your cable provider. The IR input works fine on mine but others have reported that it is turned off. You may try ringing your cable company to determine whether it is malfunctioning or turned off by design.

The LG plasma should work fine. You might try it again with a different cable and port. If that doesn't work, check the firmware settings on your LG to see if it is controllable there. They are usually constantly on.

Good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts