AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pronto TSU 7000 and want to control the lighting in my great room via remote control. I have looked into X-10, but people seem to think that it is unreliable. I have been told that Lutron makes a switch that you can directly control via remote. If someone can direct me to what I would need and let me know roughly what it would cost, it would be greatly appreciated.

In my great room I have a three way switch that controls the lights. The lights are actually on the ceiling fan and the fan controls are housed in the same coverplate as the light controls. The main switch sits directly opposite the couch so pointing the remote directly at the switch would not be a problem. The other switch also controlling the lights (but not the fan) sits directly opposite this wall and is behind the couch. I would not be able to easily point the remote at this switch.

Can I replace one or both of these switches and be able to control the lights and possibly the fan in this room?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Spacer and/or System Spacer. The only problem is that the same IR code will control both switchers so you will need to manage this somehow. I am unaware of a Spacer Switch and controlling a motor ( fan ) with a dimmer is a no-no. Spacer System may work assuming both loads are in the same box. You would then program the system such that IR code 1=preset 1 which turns on light A and leaves light B unaffected. IR code 2=preset2=turns on light B while leaving light A unaffected ( or off ). IR code 3 might control both loads and so on. The fan may require you to use a switch and a relay.

Alan

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
Most fan controls nowadays are RF, not IR. Best double-check that.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.