AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any luck with this.

I have a USB HA-IR01SV IR receiver. When its plugged in and I use my samsung BN59-00856A remote (came with my tv) I notice that it lights up, so im thinking there is a way to use my samsung remote; that I like, to control WMC. I've been futzing with a few programs but no luck, none of them can seem to find the ir receiver, even though its in device manager under USB devices. If anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them.

thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Well most ir receivers will light up when an ir signal is present. That doesn't mean they'll allow controle (or rather more accurately the software driving them). I doubt seriously that your tv remote has the proper functionality to drive your wmc. Your best bet would be to use a universal remote that is proven to work both your wmc and your tv. Just about anything from Logitech for example will do that.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isnt there some software that can recognize my IR receiver and have it map the buttons on my remote to correspond with whatever I tell them to?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Girder and Winlirc can, though I don't think that it will learn your buttons. It's probably best to get a remote that has the proper buttons to control your HTPC...a WMC remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts