Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Tried to find a IR reflector but can't seem to find any with google. I have my remote light dimmer on thewall behind my couch, my projector above slight behind the couch and my component rack to the right of the couch. Is there a IR reflector I can setup to bounce to the back of the room?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stoked-

You have the exact same setup as me...and I just went through this same exercise 2 days ago! Turns out I also ended up getting the Radio Shack system that was in the link above. The system works OK, but I think there may be others out there that are better or less expensive. Although I was able to get it to work on the components and dimmer switch, I could never get the transmitter in a spot where it would also work with the pj as well. Final position was in the middle of the room, half way down the wall, and then angled so it would hit components and the dimmer. The best solution would be a transmitter that sends an IR signal in more than one direction.

·
Super Moderator
21,860 Posts
check out the SpeakerCraft SmartPath Infrared Light Collector model ILC-1.0: these things work well

As far as a relector: a small mirror might do the job

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the same setup and am using this extender . The only problem I had was that my equipment was on the right back wall a my Lutron Spacer dimmer was on the left back wall and I could not get a single transmitter to hit both. I used two extender systems such that I had 1 receiver and 2 transmitters. One aimed down each side of the room. Never had any issues with the projector in either setup. By the way I picked up both extender systems on ebay for about the price of one from Parts Express.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JHallman
I have the same setup and am using this extender . The only problem I had was that my equipment was on the right back wall a my Lutron Spacer dimmer was on the left back wall and I could not get a single transmitter to hit both. I used two extender systems such that I had 1 receiver and 2 transmitters. One aimed down each side of the room. Never had any issues with the projector in either setup. By the way I picked up both extender systems on ebay for about the price of one from Parts Express.
Great thanks. That's what I was looking for.

·
Registered
76 Posts
It would probably work but with a front projector you would not want it to reflect back a large spot light. You can somethings achieve the same thing with the screen. This worked some with my projector which was up high but not my other equipment or dimmers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.