AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I think I speak for alot of people when I say.... HTPC's are great and all, but what Remote works best??

I have a Harmony 550. It works, BUT.... I just feel like Im missing some features.

I have an ATI TV Wonder 650 and it came with a remote. I have a feeling this thing was designed for the ATI Media Center program because some of the buttons don't work in VMC. (Live TV, TV Guide, etc...)

I've done some research and found this link....

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/1/3...howThread.aspx

I read a few posts twards the end of the 26 pages, sheesh...., and it seems as though it isnt Vista supported. IDK, I could be wrong.

It shows the Xbox 360 remote as being supported, has anyone used this Driver/ Plugin with a 360 remote in Vista Media Center????

·
Registered
528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzener /forum/post/12876136

Ok, I think I speak for alot of people when I say.... HTPC's are great and all, but what Remote works best??

I have a Harmony 550. It works, BUT.... I just feel like Im missing some features.

I have an ATI TV Wonder 650 and it came with a remote. I have a feeling this thing was designed for the ATI Media Center program because some of the buttons don't work in VMC. (Live TV, TV Guide, etc...)

I've done some research and found this link....

http://thegreenbutton.com/forums/1/3...howThread.aspx

I read a few posts twards the end of the 26 pages, sheesh...., and it seems as though it isnt Vista supported. IDK, I could be wrong.

It shows the Xbox 360 remote as being supported, has anyone used this Driver/ Plugin with a 360 remote in Vista Media Center????

The TV Wonder 650 works fine and is compatible with Vista.

Thats what I'm using.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really like my Gyration remote. It works well with VMC, powerDVD, and beyondTV. The mouse function is quite handy. I can also control all major functions on my TV and turn my stereo receiver on and off and adjust volume, which is everything I regularly do. I can also put my HTPC into S3 sleep and wake it up again with the remote.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts