AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here - I am looking at the Harmony One vs the Harmony 900. I see the difference is the RF feature which will cost me about $100.

Is this a big deal?

My setup - everything is in one room - plasma TV, A/V Receiver, Cable Box DVR, wireless media player, etc. All components are stored under the tv in a tv stand. Some components are behind sliding "glass" doors, some are exposed.

I am also looking into either a Sonos system or Squeezebox system - Harmony remotes won't be able to do basic functions like skip a track, up/down volume, etc?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
247 Posts
1) If you can see all of the equipment and don't mind pointing the remote at them the Harmony One will be fine. (My brief experience with the 900 indicated that the RF on the 900 was relatively useless and I went back to the 890.)

2) Why the statement about using a Harmony with a Squeezebox or Sonos? I use my Harmony with a Squeezebox everyday and every fundtion works fine - I don't even really know where the original remote is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezlotogura /forum/post/18211226

Newbie here - I am looking at the Harmony One vs the Harmony 900. I see the difference is the RF feature which will cost me about $100.

Is this a big deal?

My setup - everything is in one room - plasma TV, A/V Receiver, Cable Box DVR, wireless media player, etc. All components are stored under the tv in a tv stand. Some components are behind sliding "glass" doors, some are exposed.

I am also looking into either a Sonos system or Squeezebox system - Harmony remotes won't be able to do basic functions like skip a track, up/down volume, etc?

Thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.