AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Does this allow you to do everything the Bluetooth remote does, including the colored buttons, Top Menu, Stop, and audio/angle/subtitle buttons?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My understanding is that it does everything the Sony PS3 remote is capable of (as it sends the equivalent Bluetooth commands). Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
7,512 Posts
ummm so this is the answer for Harmony owners and those wanting to use an all in one remote.
We'll still hear the b**ching, but maybe less.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
nice tell us how it works!!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirDrexl /forum/post/13493562

Does this allow you to do everything the Bluetooth remote does, including the colored buttons, Top Menu, Stop, and audio/angle/subtitle buttons?

Looks like it. Here's a link to the button assignments in the Harmony database compared to the buttons on the blue tooth remote.

The link in the first post of this thread is for ordering, but the main site is simply ir2bt.com. He's got a forum set up there and it doesn't look like anyone's got one of these yet.

·
Registered
587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris0 /forum/post/13493846

Looks like it. Here's a link to the button assignments in the Harmony database compared to the buttons on the blue tooth remote.

The link in the first post of this thread is for ordering, but the main site is simply ir2bt.com. He's got a forum set up there and it doesn't look like anyone's got one of these yet.

There is now a reviews thread from one guy that got an early release IR2BT for testing. http://www.ir2bt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41

He basically says that it works exactly as described, full functionality and the same level of responsiveness as the Sony BT remote.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Just purchased one, order # 137, cant wait, when I began ordering there were 80 left in stock, it only shows 55 now, they are selling quick

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine is on its way!

I'll finally be able to put the other remotes away that I've been using and just focus on my Harmony.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
This is a much more elegant option than anything I have seen so far. I would be really interested to know how well it work. Specifically how well it will work with an IR repeater.

Will this power on/off the PS3?

·
Registered
587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmiddleton4 /forum/post/13495541

I want one in general. Am wondering about first go round though. I really appreciate early adopters.....

It will also be interesting to see what battery life is in real world use as to whether or not we need the USB based power supply.

Great idea and looking forward to getting PS3 using my Harmony...

Proud to be early adopter #30

They've estimated around 45 days per battery change, but haven't run them down yet. I'm going to power mine off the USB port on the DirecTV HD DVR. It's always on and has been used for charging my PS3 controller in the past. I'm not sure why anyone would use batteries in this. It's probably going to be located near your PS3 (which has to be near an outlet) so why not just get the $4 USB AC adapter and plug it in?

·
Registered
587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stepmback /forum/post/13495554

This is a much more elegant option than anything I have seen so far. I would be really interested to know how well it work. Specifically how well it will work with an IR repeater.

Will this power on/off the PS3?

It gives total control of the PS3 (including power on/off)... as their website says, it gives all functions found on the PS3 BT remote.

There are a couple YouTube videos showing how it works and how to pair it with the PS3, the links can be found on their website

·
Registered
9,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by miata /forum/post/13495677

Sweet. I think I'll get one and keep powered with one of those iPod AC/USB adapter mini-bricks.

The site has the USB power bricks for $4 and it doesn't add to the shipping cost. They also have cables, but I've got plenty of my own.

·
Registered
787 Posts

Total bill to get remote control functionality from the ps3 -

original bt remote - 25

usb to ps2 dongle - 15

old ps2 remote recvr - 10 (used)

Bluwave - 20

now ir2bt - 60

130 bucks!!!

Thanks alot sony, it would cost what, 3 dollars to integrate an ir recvr in the original design???

Sorry for the rant.. really looking forward to this thing.

n.b. sony I hate you

·
Registered
587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyungkim /forum/post/13496209

Total bill to get remote control functionality from the ps3 -

original bt remote - 25

usb to ps2 dongle - 15

old ps2 remote recvr - 10 (used)

Bluwave - 20

now ir2bt - 60

130 bucks!!!

Thanks alot sony, it would cost what, 3 dollars to integrate an ir recvr in the original design???

Sorry for the rant.. really looking forward to this thing.

n.b. sony I hate you

You forgot...

Having the best Blu-Ray Player on the market without IR support... Priceless!

Sorry you had to go through all that trouble. I made due with the controller until the right thing came along, but it was hard to do!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Well that puts the PS3 back into the "possible option" category for me when I decide to upgrade to a profile 2.0 player. I am still waiting on the stand alones to come out and see how they do before pulling the trigger.

My biggest problem now is I have nowhere in my center to put it that I can get adequate ventilation for it.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I am amazed that the company is not letting people back order the device. I was checking out and when I originally placed the item in my cart it stated that there were three available. I added the item to my cart and then proceeded to input all of the required information. The item was then deleted from my order.

If I sold widgets, I would want to know the demand for the widgets. Call me crazy but back orders or pre-orders would seem to help me determine the demand. I left a message for them to call me and I will have to wait and see what happens.

1 - 20 of 581 Posts