Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Experts,

Okay the IR543 arrived today. I have my ProntoPRO TSU-6000 loaded with new buttons for the lights... On, Off, Dim, Brite, All On, All Off. Now what is next? Can someone explain the programming procedure for ProntoEDIT? I know there are codes at RemoteCentral, but I think they are Hex (?) Codes. Sorry to rehash this topic with the IR543..but I have a wonderful layout on my Pronto..and I can "learn" remote programming quick as lightening...but this X10 configuration has me a bit bewoozled!:confused:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Darren,

I'm a bit confused - you saw that the TSU-6000 is "loaded with new buttons for the lights" but it's not programmed? Do you mean that you created the graphical look that you want but you haven't actually put a code into the button?

I'd recommend simply importing the X-10 .ccf that you have into your existing .ccf file, and then adjusting the graphical layout if you want to at that point. That way, the codes are all there, and you may find that you don't want to or need to change a thing! Could save you some time.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueDo
Darren,

I'm a bit confused - you saw that the TSU-6000 is "loaded with new buttons for the lights" but it's not programmed? Do you mean that you created the graphical look that you want but you haven't actually put a code into the button?

I'd recommend simply importing the X-10 .ccf that you have into your existing .ccf file, and then adjusting the graphical layout if you want to at that point. That way, the codes are all there, and you may find that you don't want to or need to change a thing! Could save you some time.
BlueDo,

You got it right the first time. I have created the button graphics and frames/panels...but have no "aliases" for button operations. I am thinking, as from what I have studied at RemoteCentral, that I will be having to load a pre-exsisting ccf. wth X10 comands and then "copy/pasteing" needed commands into my button "alias".

Would this be correct? Any other step - by - step info would be most helpful. I would like to get this remote programming wrapped up later today.

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
If you've created your CCF with all the buttons and you have the hex codes, you can enter them directly for each button. In ProntoEdit, double click on the button, then select "Set IR", followed by "View IR". Cut and paste the hex code into the "IR code" box and click "Okay" twice. Repeat the procedure for each button.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks ya' all.

Got 'er done. Just gotta get the bugs worked out. Such as a macro command for dimming. I wanted a single plug in module to dim completely down at the beginning of a movie....so I thought that by entering it as an alias several times in the command would do the trick. Nope. I will have to do some more searching...I remember reading something to that effect recently.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've had luck with macros that press DIM DOWN 10 times or so bring the light down all the way. (Note - don't leave the light like this, as it still uses electricity and your utilities bill will get you!)

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueDo
I've had luck with macros that press DIM DOWN 10 times or so bring the light down all the way. (Note - don't leave the light like this, as it still uses electricity and your utilities bill will get you!)
David,

I tried that right off the bat. But didn't work. Seems to work with dimming if I add 0.2 sec or > delays. I am still working a proper configuration of delays with multiple "dim" commands....seems to be hit and miss, along with trial and error. What would be the EASIEST solution would be able to put a "timed- hold" action on a selected alias or button. Say somethingh like...Enter DIM as the button, proceded with a 5 Second "Timed Hold" and then the DIM button would be held to the ON position for 5 seconds allowing the lights to dim for that 5 second duration!

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Darren, look at different CCFs, I am sure that some of them must have such macros or moded codes. It has definetly poped up many times on RC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.