AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just framed some of my posters with pretty cheap poster frames. Have you ever tryed to iron out the wrinkles to make it look perfectly flat? I was thinking of putting a shirt over the back of the poster and lightly iron out the wrinkles. What do u guys think?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I found this on Google: http://www.ehow.com/how_5033693_smoo...ed-poster.html

I really only chimed in to suggest that you *not* mount the poster to mounting board if it is important or collectible as that will destroy any value that the poster has. Having the poster mounted to Gatorboard or something similar will remove the wrinkles pretty well though!
It won't remove creases where the poster had been folded and stored.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
after searching on google, they kept on saying the iron. i gave it a try and it didnt work. i think it might just be cheap poster frames. they are very very light 1 inch frames with a thin cardboard backing. oh well.

·
Registered
17,923 Posts
If the posters are already wrinkled, spraying a backing board with glue and mounting them to it will smooth them out ..

Since they are already wrinked, the value has been hurt .. mounting won't make it worse ..

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah they are brand new posters. its just the cheap frame. they just dont lay perfectly flat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.