AVS Forum banner

10641 - 10660 of 11724 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Here is a maybe more practical way to sort it out and which I have used in the past a few times with success:
· It comes down to where the TX and RX pins go.
· Assemble one of the two adapters completely.
· Connect the Ethernet cable to the Lumagen via above adapter.
· Connect the not-yet-assembled second adapter to the Ethernet cable.
· Take the ‘loose’ pins of the second adapter and provisionally connect them to the GC. Ground should be clear; TX and RX are the only variables. If Attempt A does not work, reverse the pins for TX and RX (Attempt B). (Do not push the pins into the adapter’s black plastic piece yet, until you are sure your pin-out is correct.)

As others have already mentioned, if possible, I’d go with a long serial cable, e.g. from monoprice, rather than above.

_______
Axel
That was a good idea, and it worked. Thank you. I now have the Lumagen working. Now it's just the projector. I still need to get a male adapter.

I'd rather not have to get a cable as I'd have to run it to the projector. There is conduit, but I still think the adapters would be easier.

I am having some other issues too. Some of my panels aren't showing up when I click on the Panels option from the drop down. All of them are there except the panel for my receiver, lumagen, and drawers. I can only access them by putting a link into another panel. Not sure why this is.

Also, I can't seem to get the ISY Module to work at all. The gateway is fine as I can create a button and enter an address manually and that works. The switches, dimmers and scenes don't do anything, and I get a timeout icon on all of them.

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
Finally got my system up and running on irule I'm impressed on how well it works. I know I'm very late to the party lol but I'm impressed on what you can do it ( without having to be a programmer like with pronto and its pronto script ).
Time to sell my two TSU 9800 and 5 Rfx 9600 extenders.

Frank

·
Registered
32 Posts
vachief, I'm scratching my head but it is so hard to figure these things out without actually see stuff. Since you have feedback for your other devices at least you know your way around iRule. One more check, the feedback Device Property make sure the STARTS WITH code (\xA9) and ENDS WITH (\x9A) do not have any 'hidden' spaces behind them. I think this bit me once with another device...

jidelite
So, I played around with this more last night and got it working....somewhat. I've gotten a few of the feedbacks to work (motion enhancer and RC setting). However, the update is really delayed. Like several minutes delayed... I have a button on my remote that re-queries for these things, but it takes way too long to get the response back. So, I'm thinking that I have something else going on that is making the projector take so long with my requests. I assume that this isn't normal behavior to take so long, right? Also, there are some that just seem to never work (power status and aspect).

·
Registered
566 Posts
So, I played around with this more last night and got it working....somewhat. I've gotten a few of the feedbacks to work (motion enhancer and RC setting). However, the update is really delayed. Like several minutes delayed... I have a button on my remote that re-queries for these things, but it takes way too long to get the response back. So, I'm thinking that I have something else going on that is making the projector take so long with my requests. I assume that this isn't normal behavior to take so long, right? Also, there are some that just seem to never work (power status and aspect).
Great, you got feedback working! My feedbacks are returned within seconds so I'm not sure why the delay with you - maybe too many repeat commands, extended delay commands etc. or maybe its your gatwway (iTach or GC-100). I don't use Aspect feedback but I think I had to play with SETUP to get the Power Status working like I wanted. For the Projector SETUP my settings are:
Cooling Setting = Standard
Standby Mode = Standard
Power Saving = Standby

Then with the Power Status, the projector would cycle thru the different stages when shutdown (Cooling1, Cooling2 etc) and sometimes it would take several minutes before reaching Standby. If you think you are having problems with the Projector itself you'll probably be better served asking over in the Sony HW55 thread - I've had mine for about a yr and have not had any problems...

jidelite

·
Premium Member
3,902 Posts
Finally got my system up and running on irule I'm impressed on how well it works. I know I'm very late to the party lol but I'm impressed on what you can do it ( without having to be a programmer like with pronto and its pronto script ).

Frank
Yeah I dumped my prontos some time ago. Right after they got out of the business. I believe we had similar setups. iRule does it all now in several rooms in our home. SJ

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
I got my other GC 100-12 today set it up gave it a static IP no problems the iPad reads it. I tried to control my Oppos blu ray (Rs232) Nothing. Scratching my head, luckily I go back to my other GC 100-12 ( the one that controls my other components and works ) and I noticed the the Gateway Address is different from the gateway address thats on my Router. I changed the new Gateway Address to match the old one and it works. Question is why would it work with a different Gateway Address rather than the Default Gateway Address thats on the Router? Shouldn't the Default Gateway Address work?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good device to use for a Dune Smart D1 media player (IP Control)? I've tried a few, and they all seem to have the same codes, but they are not working. The gateway says that it's good, so I'm guessing something is not working with the commands. I can control the Dune fine with another app, but I'd rather keep everything on iRule, and I'd like to avoid going IR if I can.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good device to use for a Dune Smart D1 media player (IP Control)? I've tried a few, and they all seem to have the same codes, but they are not working. The gateway says that it's good, so I'm guessing something is not working with the commands. I can control the Dune fine with another app, but I'd rather keep everything on iRule, and I'd like to avoid going IR if I can.
I can't look at the builder, at work, but on my phone I have 2 devices imported, not sure which are assigned to the buttons on my panel, but it is working well for me. Devices:
Dune Smart H1
Dune BD Prime 3.0 Hex et network http

My gateway is an http gateway with port 80 and "get"

I have a B1 btw.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Icon alignment with latets version?

When is the bug going to be fixed where icons are mis-located with the latest version. There are several complaints in the Irule support page going back two months.

This is an unacceptable time to wait for a fix of something if this importance that was broken on an update. We do not have the option to revert back to older versions so what are we supposed to do?

Here's the thread on Irule: https://getsatisfaction.com/irule/topics/buttons-are-misaligned-on-the-handset

·
Registered
666 Posts
When is the bug going to be fixed where icons are mis-located with the latest version. There are several complaints in the Irule support page going back two months.

This is an unacceptable time to wait for a fix of something if this importance that was broken on an update. We do not have the option to revert back to older versions so what are we supposed to do?

Here's the thread on Irule: https://getsatisfaction.com/irule/topics/buttons-are-misaligned-on-the-handset
Is there any way you can post some screenshots?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Is there any way you can post some screenshots?
Not right now but look at the link to the Irule site. That's exactly the same problem I am having after upgrading to V4+. Notice on the temperature panel how the lowest buttons are beyond the border of the inset. That's exactly what I am seeing too. Yet on the builder they are fine.

Now my panels with this issue are very low grid resolution, like 51 columns by 30 rows. I have one complex panel that has a full 1024x768 grid and it's OK. So could this just be that my grid sizes are too old (low) for the new version?

It seems like the image is stretched vertically. I have a NSEW/Enter diamond that is egg shaped in the new version but is a circle in the old version. It's also hard to see but it looks like the small window on the builder reference panel shows the error as well. But the main builder screen is normal.

I'm fine with rebuilding the pages but I just need some direction before going to all that trouble if it doesn't fix the problem.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Frank
I can't give up the hard buttons on my TSU9600, so it's still the king in my HT, but I use irule in my two other setups.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I can't look at the builder, at work, but on my phone I have 2 devices imported, not sure which are assigned to the buttons on my panel, but it is working well for me. Devices:
Dune Smart H1
Dune BD Prime 3.0 Hex et network http

My gateway is an http gateway with port 80 and "get"

I have a B1 btw.
Can you check on which codes is used to turn it on?

I have the Dune Smart H1 device on there, but I'm getting nothing.

Reactions: RDHolmes

·
Registered
778 Posts
Can you check on which codes is used to turn it on?

I have the Dune Smart H1 device on there, but I'm getting nothing.
Home today, so I can look in the builder. All of the commands, including power, are from the Dune BD Prime 3.0 Hex et network http device. The only exception is the Previous command which I have used the Dune Smart H1 "return" command, this goes back up on menu level I believe.

I hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
vachief, I'm scratching my head but it is so hard to figure these things out without actually see stuff. Since you have feedback for your other devices at least you know your way around iRule. One more check, the feedback Device Property make sure the STARTS WITH code (\xA9) and ENDS WITH (\x9A) do not have any 'hidden' spaces behind them. I think this bit me once with another device...

jidelite
Yes, I can issue the Motion Enhance toggle command (and pretty much all RS-232 commands) with no problem. The problem is just feedback. I don't see anything different in your setup than mine. I tried adding both the projector Power and the Aspect Ratio feedback to the screen, and neither of them are working either. I've gotten feedback to work with all of my other devices (Denon AVR, DirecTV, and Oppo Bluray player), so it seems to be something unique to this projector that I am missing.

This may be a dumb question, but did you attach the feedback to the actual control device? I have forgotten to that a few times myself with obvious ( lack of ) results. ;)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Has anyone had issues running their Lumagen with RS232? Commands are being sent, and some work, but some don't do the right thing, and they all seem to add an "ok" or "info" command at the end as the info screen comes up all the time. The commands appear in the format of #M/x0 with the M being menu. That doesn't bring the menu, but just brings up the info screen. Power on, and inputs work...but also bring up info. Any ideas?

Also, is it normal for DirecTV to be extremely slow responding to IP control? Is this an iRule issue, or a DirecTV box issue?

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
Hi all, I started adding feedback from my Marantz av8802 using the entrance commands with a repeat value of 15.0 sec I noticed the Marantz became unresponsive. I couldn't do anything. I had to manually switch it on and still none of the buttons works. The feedback worked though. I must of done something wrong for the Marantz to be unresponsive. I removed the entrances and feedback and it was all back to normal. Was my repeat to long?
Thanks in advance. I'm using a GC 100-12.

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Hi all, I started adding feedback from my Marantz av8802 using the entrance commands with a repeat value of 15.0 sec I noticed the Marantz became unresponsive. I couldn't do anything. I had to manually switch it on and still none of the buttons works. The feedback worked though. I must of done something wrong for the Marantz to be unresponsive. I removed the entrances and feedback and it was all back to normal. Was my repeat to long?
Thanks in advance. I'm using a GC 100-12.

Frank
Don't know about your specific issue, but you can control the Marantz with IP control. Do not need the GC100.

10641 - 10660 of 11724 Posts