AVS Forum banner

10741 - 10760 of 11724 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Thanks

I added feedbacks without and issue.

But when I try to add a discrete for DTS HD+NEO:X C it does nothing. I added it in this way,

MSDTS HD+NEO:X C\x0D

It says this is an EVENT on the protocol sheet vs a Command??
If it is an event, then you can't have a direct command. I don't believe you can set a non DTS X to DTS X

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
If it is an event, then you can't have a direct command. I don't believe you can set a non DTS X to DTS X
Ok that makes sense.

Then is there a way to make a button like the cinema music game direct button. So when you hold it it brings up the list like the factory remote.

·
Registered
336 Posts
iRule Support for local Streaming Audio?

What's the best interface for streaming audio off an NAS? Our's isn't an apple or sonos household so the iTunes /Sonos modules are out. I would like to be able to select what to play from within the iRule interface so I don't have to boot up the projector for simple things.

Thanks!

·
Registered
778 Posts

What's the best interface for streaming audio off an NAS? Our's isn't an apple or sonos household so the iTunes /Sonos modules are out. I would like to be able to select what to play from within the iRule interface so I don't have to boot up the projector for simple things.

Thanks!
I'm not sure of a way to do this entirely within the irule interface if Sonos isn't an option. I use jriver media center and their Gizmo app on my android devices for whole home audio. i have a raspberry pi running a DLNA service connected to a sonnance 6 zone controller/amp. irule controls the sonnance and a button within my irule interface launches the gizmo app where I can select playlists, albums, artists, etc. jriver is a very robust video and audio software with excellent support, but has a cost. I'm sure there is free software that would do similar. Kodi for one could do this with the Yahtse app for control.

The launching of external apps isn't quite seamless, but, especially in android with the back button, feels nearly so.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had one more question-

Does the bridge matter? For example, if I use a GC100 to develop my app, can I go to using a iTach IP2IR or iTach Flex IP easily? Or do I have to change my application significantly?
I'm wondering if anyone uses Global Cache for going network --> IR - got no real response.

Regardless, I wanted to figure out the best product for the job, so I made a comparison table which I posted here.

It compares GC100, iTach, and iTach Flex models (literally all of them):

global-cache-product-comparison-guide

I still don't have API experience, but it sounds from what I've ready like the TCP API is the same across all three product lines. If anyone knows to the contrary, please tell me :)

I decided to get a GC-100-6 because I can do IR and Serial for the lowest cost ($130). It'll be at least a year before I really learn iRule and get the equipment in place and controlled. Maybe at that point I'll want another solution, say with support for multiple simultaneous connections, or built in learner. But right now when I'm already spending much on theater equipment, cheaper is better.

Doing the same with iTach Flex is minimum $200, and with iTach std IR and serial is around $180.

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
I'm wondering if anyone uses Global Cache for going network --> IR - got no real response.

Regardless, I wanted to figure out the best product for the job, so I made a comparison table which I posted here.

It compares GC100, iTach, and iTach Flex models (literally all of them):

global-cache-product-comparison-guide

I still don't have API experience, but it sounds from what I've ready like the TCP API is the same across all three product lines. If anyone knows to the contrary, please tell me :)

I decided to get a GC-100-6 because I can do IR and Serial for the lowest cost ($130). It'll be at least a year before I really learn iRule and get the equipment in place and controlled. Maybe at that point I'll want another solution, say with support for multiple simultaneous connections, or built in learner. But right now when I'm already spending much on theater equipment, cheaper is better.

Doing the same with iTach Flex is minimum $200, and with iTach std IR and serial is around $180.

I bought 5 GC 100-12 units and I had a itach rs232 wireless ( which I've owned for awhile). Because I'm controlling my theatre with one iPad mini 3 It does the job for me. I don't want any other controllers controlling my theatre.

Frank

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I've been fiddling around with my iRule lately after ages with no changes, and it's thrown up a few questions -

1. I have a Help page where I use variables to reveal buttons and text based on the answers to questions. I used the column number variable to hide / reveal stuff and it works well except for one minor irritation. In the page entrance I position everything off screen, however the page pops up momentarily before the entrance commands are executed revealing the hidden items which then disappear. How can I hide the stuff before the page pops up ?

2. I finally got around to adding "pressed" state to my buttons, however it's not possible to add "pressed" state to navigation buttons like "back" or app launch buttons. Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

·
Registered
34 Posts

Thanks!
I use jRiver as well for music.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
1. I have a Help page where I use variables to reveal buttons and text based on the answers to questions. I used the column number variable to hide / reveal stuff and it works well except for one minor irritation. In the page entrance I position everything off screen, however the page pops up momentarily before the entrance commands are executed revealing the hidden items which then disappear. How can I hide the stuff before the page pops up ?

2. I finally got around to adding "pressed" state to my buttons, however it's not possible to add "pressed" state to navigation buttons like "back" or app launch buttons. Any suggestions ?

Cheers,
I solved two of these. I now hide the buttons and text in the calling button rather than in the entrance. I also changed all my navigation "back" buttons to links with variables for the panel and page to jump back to.

Still can't add a pressed state to an app launch !

Cheers,

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am currently looking for a univeral remote solution and iRule has my attention. I would be using it on 2 android devices (1 tablet, 1 phone). What I am currently curious about is the hardware. Does the number of IR blaster outputs matter? Can they be split? I am having trouble deciding which hardware device I would need to buy. I'll be controlling blu-ray players, HTPCs, Roku, TVs, projector, multiple A/V receivers, amplifiers, and lutron lights.

EDIT: Also, is it possible to have an onscreen keyboard and mouse/touchpad in iRule for controlling HTPC?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts

Thanks!
You can control JRiver Media Center with iRule using devices created by me and another user, though I like to use it in conjunction with JPlayer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been using iRule for a number of years for basic control of my theatre and distributed audio. I also use Sonos and created a link to open the Sonos app from iRule. I am on IOS 9 on my iPhone and when I try and open the Sonos app I get a blank screen and then nothing. However when I check for apps running on my phone the Sonos app is running but I need to manually select it. Does anyone have any ideas on what could cause this? I also have tried SonoPhone which opens fine but I prefer the Sonos app. Another question with the ATV module, does this work on an iPhone or does it only work on iPad and secondly do I need to purchase a license for each device type? I have 3 devices currently, the version I use on my phone, a simplified version for the family and am developing an iPad version. I really don't want to have to buy 3 ATV modules, one for each device but it seems like the licensing conditions would require this.

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
I bought the ITunes module and cannot seem to pick it up. Same network I added it to the gateway giving me a pin but nothing in the iTunes. I've even did as instructed where you go through the iPad first then you open iTunes, still nothing. Any ideas please?

Thank you

Frank

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
I solved two of these. I now hide the buttons and text in the calling button rather than in the entrance. I also changed all my navigation "back" buttons to links with variables for the panel and page to jump back to.

Still can't add a pressed state to an app launch !

Cheers,
I should have been paying more attention to changes in the Builder.

It's now possible to add App Launch, Link and Navigation to any button as actions. Who knew ??!! :eek:

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
I should have been paying more attention to changes in the Builder.

It's now possible to add App Launch, Link and Navigation to any button as actions. Who knew ??!! :eek:

Cheers,
I love the App launch works well with My Movies App.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
I'm having a problem with no control of an Oppo 103D using HTTP. Any suggestions? Port#? Had an Oppo 93 that works fine going thru an iTach. This connects through the ethernet? or RS232?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I'm having a problem with no control of an Oppo 103D using HTTP. Any suggestions? Port#? Had an Oppo 93 that works fine going thru an iTach. This connects through the ethernet? or RS232?

I am not 100% positive but I think 10xD (with Darbee) have different commands, just like they have different commands with RS232.

·
Premium Member
23,208 Posts
I am not 100% positive but I think 10xD (with Darbee) have different commands, just like they have different commands with RS232.
My 103 and 93 use the same commands on Rs232. The 103D should be the same with added commands to control the darbee.

10741 - 10760 of 11724 Posts