AVS Forum banner

11641 - 11660 of 11724 Posts

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Users need to log in somehow, and at the time I set my account up it required that you use your Google account to access the builder. So when I hit that URL it asks me for my Google user name/password and then drops me into the builder screen.
Yes i remember the Google login and I have a Google account. But I never get to that screen. It jumps to that error I posted.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Yes i remember the Google login and I have a Google account. But I never get to that screen. It jumps to that error I posted.
Not sure then. Certainly could be a security restriction on your work network. But I can confirm the builder portal itself is operational, so the issue must be somewhere else for you.

Good luck, sorry I can't help more.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Just tried it and it works for me as well (FWIW: on my browser the URL changes to https://builder.iruleathome.com/iRule.html#main)

@Glimmie you might want to try a browser in Incognito mode and see if that works. If so, something is cached in your browser that's messing it up.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Just tried it and it works for me as well (FWIW: on my browser the URL changes to https://builder.iruleathome.com/iRule.html#main)

@Glimmie you might want to try a browser in Incognito mode and see if that works. If so, something is cached in your browser that's messing it up.
Ok it works fine at home! MPAA at work! I work for Technicolor and because we handle pre-release content, well our internet security is over the top to meet MPAA requirements. Basic browsing is OK provided the site passes a security scan but interactive sites such as Irule are frequently blocked.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Does anyone know how to handle the 2019 iPad Air in iRule? It's a screen resolution of 2224 x 1668, which doesn't seem to match any of the devices in the Handset section in the builder. I assume because it was introduced after they stopped supporting.

If I can't get it right it may accelerate me switching away from iRule. I have been leaning toward DemoPad... what seems to be the consensus here?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
It has been our experience that the 1024x768 handset graphics will magically scale up on newer iPads. The pixel ratio 2224:1668 still fits the 4:3 screen layout so there should be no distortion. Try it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm looking for coaching/directions on Kodi JSON instructions for my iRule setup -- I am trying to replicate these 'change action' skin settings (they work fine from the Kodi menu and take me directly to content listing):

1 - ActivateWindow(Videos,library://video/movies/titles.xml/,return) - lists thumbnails of all ripped movies in alphabetical order

2 - ActivateWindow(10502,special://profile/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/1.xsp,return) - list thumbnails of all ripped music

3 - ActivateWindow(Videos,"L:\\Concerts\\",return) - same as 'movies' except these are concert movies in a separate disk partition

Re 1 - iRule is currently using the below command to bring up the movie library, but it stops short of actually displaying the movie titles (stops at the menu screen for me to select 'year', 'title', etc):

jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ActivateWindow","params":{"window":"videos"},"id":"1"}}

Re 2 - iRule is currently using the below command to bring up the music library, but as in above it stops short of actually displaying the album titles (stops at the menu screen for me to select 'artist' or 'album', etc):

jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"GUI.ActivateWindow","params":{"window":"music":{"order":"ascending","method":"albums","ignorearticle":true},"id":"Albums"}}

Re 3 - nowhere near having anything in irule for this yet.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Does anyone know how to handle the 2019 iPad Air in iRule? It's a screen resolution of 2224 x 1668, which doesn't seem to match any of the devices in the Handset section in the builder. I assume because it was introduced after they stopped supporting.

If I can't get it right it may accelerate me switching away from iRule. I have been leaning toward DemoPad... what seems to be the consensus here?

Thanks.
I moved to Demopad a while back as I didn't want to be caught without the ability to upgrade/modify my system controls as I add or change devices. It is actually what I was looking when I stumbled on iRule. While it has a bit of a learning curve, I find it more flexible than iRule. However, with flexibility comes a little more work but I think the rewards are worth the effort. Since it is not a Web-based design tool, you will never have to worry about the site being shut down and left in the cold. You will always be able to change/update your configuration.

Here is a link the most current tread started by mpg7321
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/2933950-calling-all-demopad-users.html

This a link to an older thread that has some good info as well.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/93-remote-control-area/1365549-demopad-ipad-iphone.html

Good luck!

Reactions: HT Geek

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
@dshorrosh, apologies for the late reply here, but you would be better off posting your question in the API section of the Kodi forums. And FYI, make sure you are clear on the major and minor version of Kodi you're using, as the API's are different (mostly by major version).

·
Registered
384 Posts
Longtime iRule user with a quick question:

I just got a Pioneer Elite VSX-LX504 to replace my SC-57 with a UE23 error, and I'm trying to update my iRule setup to talk to the 504.

Anyone have a thought as to what iRule device to use (there isn't a 504 device in the database and I've tried a few to no avail) and what gateway destination port to use?

I tried port 23 and 8102 (both get red) and 8080 and 69128 (both green but nothing worked).

I tried device Pioneer Receiver All Models Zone 1 IP and RS232, as well as VSX/SC zone 1. No go.

Any thoughts welcome and appreciated.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Long time iRule user with an old time iPad question.

I have a very old iPad I have been using for 5 years or so with no trouble. Not sure what happened but I get the red icon in the lower right hand corner.

Is there anything in the latest updates to iRule that will not work with old iPads.

1. The iPad is connected to the internet
2. iPhones work fine
3. I restarted and reconnected with google.
4. I can update the handsets and when I update on the computer the iPad sees the changes.

I cannot get the iPad to send signals.

Any troubleshooting tips?

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Long time iRule user with an old time iPad question.

I have a very old iPad I have been using for 5 years or so with no trouble. Not sure what happened but I get the red icon in the lower right hand corner.

Is there anything in the latest updates to iRule that will not work with old iPads.

1. The iPad is connected to the internet
2. iPhones work fine
3. I restarted and reconnected with google.
4. I can update the handsets and when I update on the computer the iPad sees the changes.

I cannot get the iPad to send signals.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Press the red icon to bring up what it’s not connecting too. One of your gateways address or piece of equipment address is probably wrong.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I had gotten dyslexic on the ip address. 186 instead of 168.

Back to normal.

Reactions: bluer101

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hey there. Very long time user and everything has worked perfectly until recently. My IP connection to my JVC RS46 just stopped. I can’t figure out why but iRule will not connect to it after years of flawless operation. I’ve tried changing the reserved IP address and still nothing. Everything else in the setup works as always. Anyone have any suggestions? Thnx!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hey there. Very long time user and everything has worked perfectly until recently. My IP connection to my JVC RS46 just stopped. I can’t figure out why but iRule will not connect to it after years of flawless operation. I’ve tried changing the reserved IP address and still nothing. Everything else in the setup works as always. Anyone have any suggestions? Thnx!
I have a JVC RS500 and have experienced the same issue. Occasionally, my iPad running iRule will lose connection with the projector. I can resolve it 100% every time by going into the projector settings and changing the Static IP address to DHCP and then select "Set". This allows the projector to receive and be assigned a DHCP lease. Once that occurs, I change the projector back to a static IP and then select "Set" again. My projector remembers the last static IP address so when I change it back to static, I don't have to manually input all the IP address information again.

Remember when changing the IP from static to DHCP and back to select "Set" at the bottom so the process takes place.

I had the same frustration as you, but that workaround works every time. Hope it helps you! If it does, let me know.

Reactions: krichter1

·
Registered
223 Posts
I can resolve it 100% every time by going into the projector settings and changing the Static IP address to DHCP and then select "Set".
thanks for the reply and the great suggestion - sadly it did not resolve my issue. The code (I don't recall it) that was required to alert the projector fires off every few seconds and I get a red dot for that device. everything else is green. I'm bit lost at what I did to change it after years of perfect operation other than change the bulb.

·
Registered
883 Posts
thanks for the reply and the great suggestion - sadly it did not resolve my issue. The code (I don't recall it) that was required to alert the projector fires off every few seconds and I get a red dot for that device. everything else is green. I'm bit lost at what I did to change it after years of perfect operation other than change the bulb.
Ironically when I went into my theater yesterday after replying to your post, my JVC RS500 had lost it's connection to iRule. I had to go through the procedure I described above twice. For the first time ever, the first time I went through that process it did not work. Fortunately, the second time did. Perhaps try that. Also, here is a screen shot of the PJREQ command required to "hold" the connection with some JVC Projectors and iRule. Hope it helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ironically when I went into my theater yesterday after replying to your post, my JVC RS500 had lost it's connection to iRule. I had to go through the procedure I described above twice. For the first time ever, the first time I went through that process it did not work. Fortunately, the second time did. Perhaps try that. Also, here is a screen shot of the PJREQ command required to "hold" the connection with some JVC Projectors and iRule. Hope it helps.
yeah, I did try it multiple times with no success. I have the PJREQ command in the setup, I just couldn't recall it for my previous comment. I mentioned it because each time it 'pings' I watch the small gear animation in the lower right corner of the app spin and then report back that it failed to connect. Both then and when I attempt to execute a command to the RS46.

very odd and frustrating.

I'll add that because iRule is sunsetting (at least that is what I last read) sometime in the ever-nearer future - and because I'm using an original iPad 1 to operate this setup, I'm not too eager to spend a ton of time on this because my assumption is that I'm going to have to soon find an alternate anyway - unless my lack of attention to the news on iRule has changed in some way...

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Of those of you still using iRule & a iPad, has anyone updated to iOS 13? Any issues with iRule afterwards?

I have been experiencing several app crashes since the update. When it crashes it is so bad that only an app delete/reinstall fixes it for me. Afterwards the app works fine for some time until it crashes again.

This has been happening on different versions of iPads, all on the latest iOS.

_____

Axel

11641 - 11660 of 11724 Posts