AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Is anyone in Irvine getting 24.1 or 24.2? (with any indoor antenna) It's not far but I don't know how much power that is.

Channel Virtual Channel Band Power City Distance Heading

KVCR-TV PBS 26 24.1 UHF 475.0 kW San Bernardino 35.76 mi 51.24°

Thanks

·
Registered
598 Posts
KVCR broadcasts from Riverside, CA. Their signal is blocked by the mountains to your east. It is impossible to receive their signal with either an indoor or outdoor antenna. However, 24.1 can be found on DirecTV or Dish. Maybe on your local cable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much.

They seem to have some good shows but I never got it when doing channel scan.

Didn't know if I rotated my indoor antenna and did another scan, if it would come in.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
257 Posts
A couple of times I put my CM 4228 antenna on a telescoping pole on the side of the house to see if I could pick it up. I can pick it up, but have not mounted the antenna to see how reliable the reception is. I'm in TurtleRock. When I was helping my sister with her antenna, I turned it toward Riverside & was able to pick it up. She is in Woodbridge with an outdoor antenna sitting in the rafters of her garage.

You do know it is on RF26, virtual channel 24, right?

Since channel 63 is on virtual 24, some TVs have difficulty tuning in KVCR.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks very much for the reply.(I was away on vacation)

Funny how on minute I get a channel great and then it's in and out.

Seems to be getting tougher.

I was getting channel 2 great. Now I can only get it if I hang the antenna down by the cable so the "V" is almost pointing at the ground.

For many of the high stations (now) I have to put my tin foil reflector up.

Frustrating sometimes.

·
Registered
598 Posts
My daughter lives in the Northwood part of Irvine and gets all the high power stations with a Terk HDTVi antenna. She lives on the top floor and has line-of-sight to Mt. Wilson. The only thing in the way is one wall and part of the neighbor's roof.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts