AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents have been delighted with the Panasonic 3D Plasma set I got them in January and decided they wanted HD in their bedroom too. We bought a 23" Samsung (B2330HD) but the picture is awful -- it looks washed out to me and when there is a lot of color in the picture everything is over saturated.

I did a little fiddling with the settings but it came with the contrast set at 100. Is that normal? I'm wondering whether to exchange this one or look somewhere else for a smaller set.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Or pretty close to that. Somewhere between 90 and 100 is what pro calibrators usually calibrate to. Also, a good rule of thumb is that brightness should be half of contrast, no more

·
Banned
172 Posts
The Samsung SyncMaster B2330HD is a monitor w/ built in TV tuner and requires heavy color calibrating to get the picture quality to an acceptable level.

While Samsung makes some nice TVs their monitors use TF panels which are cheaper but have terrible washout and color variation with viewing angles.

For general computing, occasional TV, most users would not notice the difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts