AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings:

Finally I got the custom PSI HT Sub. SVC 4 ohm - 1000W RMS; 2000W Peak; Dual Spider Layer. I will post pics as soon as I pick up from USPS. Here are the specs:

Revc = 4.01 ohms

Fms = 24.2777 Hz

Zmax = 35.4840 ohms

Qes = 1.0747

Qms = 8.0662

Qts = 0.9484

Le = 5.2537 mH (at 1 kHz)

Diam = 330.2000 mm ( 13.0000 in )

Sd = 85633.5536 mm^2(132.7323 in^2)

Vas = 114.5520 L ( 4.0454 ft^3)

BL = 15.2125 N/A

Mms = 390.8193 g

Cms = 109.9639 uM/N

Kms = 9093.8896 N/M

Rms = 7.3908 R mechanical

Efficiency = 0.1433 %

Sensitivity= 83.5807 dB @1W/1m

Sensitivity= 86.4081 dB @2.83Vrms/1m

I will buy the new Behringer Inuke 6000DSP Power Amp; but not sure if its too much power for the sub; Enclosure will be sealed. I will add a second sub by Christmas. So this amp rates 3000W @ 4ohm; and 1500W @ 8 ohm. Can I set the amp to 8 ohm and do not damaged the speaker or can I leave it @ 4ohm?

Or should I get the 3000DSP; which delivers only 880W @ 4ohm which is below driver specs and maybe its not efficient at peak?

Elemental Designs are doing the sealed enclosure. Thanks for the help.

New Behringer Software for DSP Models can be downloaded for free to see all functions and also it would be good to share custom configurations to all.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm guessing that you'd probably get the best answer for this question in DIY Speakers and Subs part of avsforum - but from my guess you can risk overheating the voicecoil, but the biggest concern is whether you exceed the drivers x-max (if the driver is pushed to far one or the other way) - you can do simulations of this in unibox or winisd.

Best regards

Svendsen

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Just model the driver's TS specs into WinISD, along with the box size to see if you're exceeding xmaxx. Actually, it looks like you are missing the Pe spec and xmaxx on that driver? I'm not familiar enough with WinISD to know which parameters it will calculate on it's own, but I don't believe xmaxx and Pe are.

Alternatively, if eD is designing the box for you, ask them, as I assume you've told them what driver you're using and they have designed the box around it in some way shape or form ...

Post in the DIY section as mentioned above as many DIY'ers do not check this subforum very often.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I will post in DIY. About Pe and Xmax then Xmax is 32mm but I dont have the Pe. Btw whats Pe?

I tried WinIsd but I was unable to get the results/graphics and buggy. I will try unibox. And yes, eD designed the sealed enclosure according to driver specs. Will measure 19x19x22.

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
Basically Pe the power handling of the driver I believe (though if you have xmaxx that should be enough to model in WinISD to see where you exceed xmaxx). Pretty sure that unit is going to require gobs of power given the low efficiency and high xmaxx.

It's a 13" driver?

·
Registered
6,952 Posts
I wouldn't count on the Behringer actually delivering it's rated output in continuous power. Very few pro amps actually do. You can probably cut the power rating in half for it's true continuous power.

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojomike /forum/post/20857466

I wouldn't count on the Behringer actually delivering it's rated output in continuous power. Very few pro amps actually do. You can probably cut the power rating in half for it's true continuous power.

There has been some discussion/links floating around showing it does 3000Watt Peaks (surprisingly!!).

I'm not sure continuous power is ever really the discussion because no one is really requiring 3000Watts continuous.

Behringer has actually come through for a long time in the DIY world in terms of raw power and when we are talking about 2000Watts, 3000Watts, 4000Watts etc we have to keep in mind that its only 3dB difference between 2000 and 4000Watts.

So if the amp does 2000Watts or 3000Watts are we really going to care about 1.5dB differential?? I say get more drivers if that matters and run only 1000Watts each

·
Registered
26,476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by javygonx /forum/post/20857392

Thanks. I will post in DIY. About Pe and Xmax then Xmax is 32mm but I dont have the Pe. Btw whats Pe?

I tried WinIsd but I was unable to get the results/graphics and buggy. I will try unibox. And yes, eD designed the sealed enclosure according to driver specs. Will measure 19x19x22.

Yeah, first time experience with winISD isn't always a good one but once you figure it out. Its an accurate tool. I like it better then Unibox but Unibox is a fine choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.