AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
SVS products have a three year warranty which I believe is transferable. If the sub is new enough to have warranty time left I'd say the price is ok but not a steal. If the sub is past the warranty, I'd say it's too much.

I've owned the PB10, never heard the prosub. My guess is the upgrade would be noticable but not huge.

All one person's opinion of course.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc716 /forum/post/0

SVS products have a three year warranty which I believe is transferable. If the sub is new enough to have warranty time left I'd say the price is ok but not a steal. If the sub is past the warranty, I'd say it's too much.

I've owned the PB10, never heard the prosub. My guess is the upgrade would be noticable but not huge.

All one person's opinion of course.

How did you like the PB10?

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellmania79 /forum/post/20817806

How did you like the PB10?

I had two, still have one, but no longer in my main HT setup. My room is fairly large and open. They gave good support for movies, and did a good job with low frequency movie effects. The PB10 is known for providing an unusually good (flat) frequency response for a sub at its price point. With two I could get 105 db bass peaks, which means more or less I could listen up to a receiver volume of -10db before the subs would lose steam. With a single the volume would probably have topped out around 100 db or so. You may do a little better or worse than me, depending on your room conditions.

For music, they sound ok, but I could never get them to blend in quite the way I would have liked. Certainly not as well as the subs I have now.

So if your usage is HT, your room is not too large, and don't have unrealistic expectations of output this would be a good choice.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve1981 /forum/post/20818725

No. SVS offers a 3 year warranty on their products.

FWIW, I recently sold my PB10-NSD (about 4 years old) for $225 USD. That's slightly over 50% of what I paid for it.

You forgot the exchange rate- 6 years Canadian = 1 US

That's about what I'd be looking to get for mine once I list it.

Seriously I'd just find out how old it is (and with this person some evidence) and go from that. And audition it first.

·
Super Moderator
14,655 Posts
My first sub was a DefTech ProSub 200TL. My next sub was an SVS PB10-NSD...and it blew the ProSub away. It dug deeper, hit harder, and played louder and more effortlessly. And it managed to hold its own surprisingly well against my buddy's very solid Paradigm PW-2200.

It was truly an impressive sub.

For a mint condition unit, $400 is fair, IMO. For anything less than mint, the price should be adjusted accordingly.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
I sold my pb10 for 425.00 cdn...but I sold mine ~1.5 yrs ago. At the time, the new the pb10 retailed for 579.00 but that sub appers to have the bash amp so it an older model. I'd look at working out a better price. With kijiji listing the seller could be happy around the ~350.00 mark...I'd come in at 300.00 you've got nothing to lose...IMHO...

Good luck you'll love that sub....

·
Super Moderator
14,655 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellmania79 /forum/post/0

I've read a couple of reviews that mentioned port noise at high volume levels. Have any of you guys experienced this?

Although I never played anything at reference level, I did run a lot of demos at very high volume levels and I never experience any port noise / chuffing, or issue with the driver bottoming out, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.