AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lead on a Black Diamond II 1.8 gain screen. I have an RS50. I think the combination would be killer, only not sure if the 133" is too big? I will be zooming for now, with a possible lens upgrade in the future. Thanks in advance for input.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Parys /forum/post/20868261

I have a lead on a Black Diamond II 1.8 gain screen. I have an RS50. I think the combination would be killer, only not sure if the 133" is too big? I will be zooming for now, with a possible lens upgrade in the future. Thanks in advance for input.

The question is will you really get 1.8 gain as some HP drop off if projector not mounted according to spec. You should be fine, however several have sold their 50's and purchased 40's just because of the increased lumens the 40 has over the 50(dual iris increases CR but kills light), which will be needed for 3D if thats important to you. My RS40/Isco 3L/138' 1.1 gain screen yields 10+ftls at 300hrs with the lamp on normal and iris at max open.

·
Registered
10,873 Posts
I'm using the RS50 my light-controlled theater on a 136" 2.35:1 Carada BW screen, no complaints on the brightness... (low lamp hours, but running at normal power)

I can't comment on 3D - haven't tried it, don't plan to.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.