Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

My setup wont allow me to have the front speakers more than 1' (is that the actual driver or the back of the cabinet?) from the back wall. The Front Left will have no close wall to the sides but the Front Right will be about 8" from the side wall.

The rears will be almost touching the wall. My question is, is a front ported speaker the only way to go to lessen the impact of the close wall?

Regards

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, the thing is that I have been trying to decide between the Axiom M22ti and HTD Level 3 towers to the point that having both at my home seemed like the only solution but I noticed that the HTDs are front ported while the Axioms are rear ported. So I think that could be the decisive factor. Dont you agree?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Luis,

I think most will agree that being close to a wall is not desirable regardless of speaker port design. With that said, it seems logical to me that a rear ported speaker would be more likely to suffer more severe effects from this sort of placement than a front ported speaker, but it would be nice to hear from someone who has verified this. The problem is, there's more than just the port direction which determines how wall proximity affects your sound, so it is probably a very difficult experiment to carry out in a fair manner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.