AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is a Hygain AR-40 Rotor any good?

I was helping clean out my aunt's storage shed yesterday and found this rotor. It's never been taken out of the box so I guess it's "new" but it appears to have been in the shed for many many years. I say that because the box itself shows a lot of age and my uncle died about 30 years ago. He was into ham radio so I'm guessing he bought it and never used it. My aunt did re-marry once to a plumber about 25 years ago but I don't remember him having anything to do with antennas, etc. My aunts been single for the past 20 years so I think it's at least that old.

I opened it up and everything is there, the control unit is still inside the sealed plastic packaging and the hardware package is sealed also. I'm currently waiting on my xg91 to arrive but hadn't really decided if I wanted a rotor or not as I'm chimney mounting. This thing is bulky and heavy so I'm not sure it would work well for my small diameter mast. It looks like something one could put on the top of a big tower. I don't have the rotor cable to test it and wanted to get some opinions before I try to find and buy a cable for it.

Thanks

·
Registered
712 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d /forum/post/18234816

Is a Hygain AR-40 Rotor any good?

Thanks

It's a good rotor it will take the load of the xg91 and it should fit down to a 1 1/4" mast no problem. It's the lighter duty, cheaper control version of the CD-45 and others.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep that's it Ratman.. Dang this thing is expensive... Says it weighs 14 pounds, is that much more than a newer channel master rotor?

·
Registered
22,859 Posts
details can be easily found using an internet search:

Shipping Weight: 8.9 pounds

Item model number: 9521A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts